Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way from Tampa to the Ft Lauderdale Int Boat Show , I came across a beautiful woman driving a silver/grey Stinger GT awd. Once we hit SR 60 that crosses the rural part of the state we were side by side. She kept jumping the throttle and wanted a go. So, from a 50 roll and a count of 1,2,3 we both stomped on it and we were dead even until 120 and she let off. If my FuSpo wasn't tuned, she would have easily walked me.

I better get that Levels Performance FMIC installed ASAP. Those Stingers are no joke. :eek:

Reactions: Wildcat Birdie

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
On my way from Tampa to the Ft Lauderdale Int Boat Show , I came across a beautiful woman driving a silver/grey Stinger GT awd. Once we hit SR 60 that crosses the rural part of the state we were side by side. She kept jumping the throttle and wanted a go. So, from a 50 roll and a count of 1,2,3 we both stomped on it and we were dead even until 120 and she let off. If my FuSpo wasn't tuned, she would have easily walked me.

I better get that Levels Performance FMIC installed ASAP. Those Stingers are no joke. :eek:
A buddy sold his CTS-V and was looking for something new, so we drove a GT2 AWD recently.
First thing I did not like is that most of the one's sold in NE (according to dealer, and they did a search
of all dealers in my area), have no cost AS tire option (which also has smaller tire than summer option).
And as you mentioned, seems about as fast as a 93 tuned sport.

Sticker was 52ish (only AWD GT they had) and they were in the 600 a month range lease (no money down),
crazy money for a car as fast as a Sport with a tune. Quick look at autotrader
still puts the "offered" prices of AWD GT2 Stinger @ 15 grand more than an a Base 18 Sport.
I know not apples to apples on options, but I'm looking at what dealers have, not some
wish of what they have.

·
Registered
417 Posts

I got spanked by a Stinger at the drags a few weeks ago.

I had smoked two Civic Type Rs. A G37 and was feeling invincible.

The Stinger pulled me at the line and had me by 5 cars at the quarter.

What I would give to have his darn launch control!!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

What do you 60' ?

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
The rwd is slightly quicker. your not gonna keep up mod for mod. I test drove one I didn’t like it the rwd that is. I’m tall and felt cramped in it. In a couple years it’s gonna be a bad ass car but it’s first year and never buy a first year car it’s gonna have some problems.

·
Registered
417 Posts
A
Best ever???
1.87 best
2.35 on Tuesday 13.588 at 107.
I didnt realize a prepped track doesnt like street tires.

Then heatsoak got the best of me and I couldnt get better than 99 mph

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ran a Genesis Coupe with a V6, headers, intake, exhaust and a tune today. Out launched him every time and kept pulling. Young guy. Pulled up, rolled down his window and said, "Holy s***. I thought I was gonna spank you". Nope.

·
Registered
260 Posts

he was definitely tuned.

Just curious how you determined that with just he beat me by 5 car lengths?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just curious how you determined that with just he beat me by 5 car lengths?
Sounds like you're not tuned, and neither was he, a Stock Stinger gt2 should be in the 12's and if you're running mid 13's that's a few car lengths at least. I've ran one Stinger and he ran a 12.8 stock to my 12.42 tuned.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I work for a Kia dealership and did not know they are that fast , its is a cool car but the price and size is just to big for me

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I was looking for a new car back in January I had two cars on my short list. 2019 Fusion Sport and a 2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD. One of the biggest reasons I chose the Fusion over the Kia was the dealerships. Kia dealerships in our area have a well deserved bad reputation. Until Kia can fix that reputation they will have a difficult time selling more expensive cars.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I payed 32500 for my FFS and the stinger I wanted was 47 to 50k , 15000 can buy a lot of upgrades , my FFS has never lost to a stinger so far at least .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts