Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say it was raining lightly so I didnt think hed want to race but we were about to line up at the light (I wasnt to the light yet was still 20ft back or so) and it turned green and he punched it. So the next light he made sure to stay nose to nose as we rolled up to it. About 10mph it turned green and we both laid into it. I let off the gas at 100 (I know.. but it was 2 miles from my house and as "safe" of a area/road as you're going to get) he was about 4 cars back.. it didnt seem like he had any traction issues I never saw the rear slide out but I wasnt in his car and he may have been slip n grip the whole time i cant say for sure. I was going to check out his car a little but he did the "immediate turn left" as soon as he could. I was pretty surprised as every shift it seemed like I yanked another car length on him. No idea what if anything was done to his car I saw it was tinted all around and he had some graphics on the back window and it had a growl to the exhaust that didnt sound stock but with how cars are rolling off the line nowadays its hard to say! But thought I'd share as not only did the fuspo not let me down, she stood proud

Reactions: Sknz5 and Vidmo

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am glad you feel that stretch of road is safe, because if you do it at the wrong time going that fast is a big fine and probably 6 points. Good Luck in the future. I am sure it was fun!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Too many factors here. Was it a V8 and also was it manual or auto. I own both cars myself and I can tell you off the start no stock Camaro other than a ZL1 will hang with a Fusion Sport but it will catch it eventually and blow it away. AWD is a huge advantage off the line. Even with launch control on my manual SS its not as fast off the line as my FS.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Like I've been saying, the AWD EcoBoost V6 cars can pull 1.7-1.8 60' all day long. To get that on a 2WD V8 performance car, you need drag radials and/or a prepped surface.
If you read the Michigan State Police 2020 vehicle report, the 2 fastest vehicles are the Dodge Charger V8 AWD and the Explorer 3.0 AWD in terms of acceleration, road course dynamics, and top speed with the Charger having only a slight edge. But the time it takes to get to the 150 mph or so top speed is far less on the V8 Charger. If you look at the older tests, the Taurus 3.5L EcoBoost edges out the Charger V8 AWD, so I'd garner a guess that the Taurus 3.5L EcoBoost is still a faster car than the Explorer 3.0 EcoBoost, but the Explorer has much bigger turbochargers and can be tuned to about 600 hp or more.

Reactions: ArthurUSCG
1 - 6 of 6 Posts