Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure exactly when it happened but I remember something hitting the front of the car last week while driving through a highway construction zone in a pouring rain. Todays the first day the sun has shined all week and I found this…nothing damaged on the inside, so job well done by the grille sacrificing itself for my radiator. Btw: anybody got a grille they want to sell?
Automotive tire Grille Water Symmetry Pattern
Grille Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
1,784 Posts
That would be a rock, I had to replace one in a Audi S4 last year, and the same thing. Guy was on 475 and got hit by a rock coming off the truck in front of him.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

· Registered
471 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but how it looks from a longer distance?

The personal quetion is: how much it disturbs you in your perfect appearance of the car :)
IMO: it is very little whole, so maybe you can live with that and spend money for something else.
It's very unlikely that another rock will fall into the same spot ;)

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear that, but how it looks from a longer distance?

The personal quetion is: how much it disturbs you in your perfect appearance of the car :)
IMO: it is very little whole, so maybe you can live with that and spend money for something else.
It's very unlikely that another rock will fall into the same spot ;)
Yes, I’m seriously thinking I’ll just leave it because:
1) the whole front clip of my car is showing the negative effects of 145k of all-weather miles,
2) replacing it would mean taking the bumper off again,
3) the lower grille was already broken and I epoxy repaired itwhich has now discolored and is clearly visible,
4) it’s barely visible from 10-15 feet away unless the sunshine is just right,
5) I’m continuing to use the car as my work and winter vehicle, saving my Audi, which means the chances are something else could happen before spring when I plan to sell the FuSport anyway.

I’m honestly not 100% sure how long it’s been there. I’ve never parked it outside when I’m home, and I just happened to have a project in my barn so it’s been sitting out a week or so since I returned from my last trip to WV. The sun was finally shining and I was going to wash it, when I came across the broken grille.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Sky

…it’s really hard to detect from a distance…

· Registered
471 Posts
1) the whole front clip of my car is showing the negative effects of 145k of all-weather miles,
3) the lower grille was already broken and I epoxy repaired itwhich has now discolored and is clearly visible,
5) I’m continuing to use the car as my work and winter vehicle, saving my Audi, which means the chances are something else could happen before spring when I plan to sell the FuSport anyway.
Agree :)
2) replacing it would mean taking the bumper off again - I feel your pain ;), however I did 4 times and it should be quite fast now
4) it’s barely visible from

5) I’m continuing to use the car as my work and winter vehicle, saving my Audi, which means the chances are something else could happen before spring when I plan to sell the FuSport anyway. - true, but hopefully nothing will happen

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many times when the car was newer, after a wash & wax, I’d park it somewhere and come back to find someone walking circles around it admiring the color! I’ve seen the Burgundy Velvet color on a couple of F150s over the years but for some reason, on the big flat panels of a pickup truck, it just doesn’t look as good as it does on the curvy shape of the Fusion! It’s deep and rich looking in overcast light conditions, and brilliant and metallic in bright sunlight. I’m going to miss it!

· Registered
168 Posts

I’m honestly not 100% sure how long it’s been there. I’ve never parked it outside when I’m home, and I just happened to have a project in my barn so it’s been sitting out a week or so since I returned from my last trip to WV. The sun was finally shining and I was going to wash it, when I came across the broken grille.
Yeah. I would leave it. My lower grill is missing a few teeth as well. Overall, your steed still looks pretty sweet! you gotta leave something for the haters!!! lol.

· Registered
17 Fusion Sport - Steeda CAI - Unleashed 93 Tune - BOV - Valved Exhaust -
102 Posts
Mine was cracked up from the previous owner. Surprisingly the cheapo $70 grill from ebay fit really well and looks pretty dang decent. Tip - Just get your other sport buddy to do the bumper work for ya ;). Are you selling the fusion @Shawnski ? I saw you purchased the Audi recently. Living the dream!

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine was cracked up from the previous owner. Surprisingly the cheapo $70 grill from ebay fit really well and looks pretty dang decent. Tip - Just get your other sport buddy to do the bumper work for ya ;). Are you selling the fusion @Shawnski ? I saw you purchased the Audi recently. Living the dream!
Yeah, the Audi is an incredible car. It’s still an IC and tune away from being remotely as fast as my FuSport but it’s definitely a dream car for me! I was convinced I was going to sell The Hammer this spring. But when my wife said it was okay with her if I kept it, I started to have second thoughts! It’s so rare, and I’ve enjoyed it so much since day one…well, except when after a 3+ month wait Ford delivered my preordered car to a dealer in New York by mistake… and that dealer then drove it over 400 miles to my dealership… and when the first engine blew at 17k… and then Ford Roadside tail-dragged it 15 miles to my dealer and wasted the rear differential… other than that it’s been all sunshine and honey! Haha! I really don’t want to sell it, it’s just that I thought it was best to cash it in while it’s still a hot runner. What I’m afraid of most of all is having a major component failure (transmission, engine, axles, etc.) that will force me to spend more than 50% of its overall value. But, damn it’s been a helluva good car this far!

· Registered
17 Fusion Sport - Steeda CAI - Unleashed 93 Tune - BOV - Valved Exhaust -
102 Posts
Yeah, the Audi is an incredible car. It’s still an IC and tune away from being remotely as fast as my FuSport but it’s definitely a dream car for me! I was convinced I was going to sell The Hammer this spring. But when my wife said it was okay with her if I kept it, I started to have second thoughts! It’s so rare, and I’ve enjoyed it so much since day one…well, except when after a 3+ month wait Ford delivered my preordered car to a dealer in New York by mistake… and that dealer then drove it over 400 miles to my dealership… and when the first engine blew at 17k… and then Ford Roadside tail-dragged it 15 miles to my dealer and wasted the rear differential… other than that it’s been all sunshine and honey! Haha! I really don’t want to sell it, it’s just that I thought it was best to cash it in while it’s still a hot runner. What I’m afraid of most of all is having a major component failure (transmission, engine, axles, etc.) that will force me to spend more than 50% of its overall value. But, damn it’s been a helluva good car this far!
The car means so much less without the experience. Sounds like the wife is a keeper lol. I think a lot of people see cars as investments, and to some they are, but I heard someone mention recently that a car is just as much of a necessity to a car person as food is to anyone else. Keeps ya sane, can’t put a value on sanity I guess.
I say all that as a college student with more debt than I’d like, but a fuspo to keep me sane lol.
I hope the 2.7 keeps its head up so you don’t have to sell it. Need as many sports in good hands as possible aye!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts