Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

Registered
LKQ is gonna foot the bill to have the motor Mount from my old engine welded onto the new one. 馃
Here's the thing though....a lot of force hit that block to make that mount snap off. What about the innards? I mean we have forged internals and I know it's really sturdy but that would scare me a little bit. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid about that stuff. Either way I certainly wish the best for you!

Registered
Safe for the motor (I'm assuming you're talking torque, not HP), but what about the tranny? In your experience have the transmissions been holding up to 450-475 in most cases without giving out? I'm tiptoing around that 406 limiter and walking on eggshells a little. :ROFLMAO:
No, I'm talking horse power, but not at the wheels. I,m talking at the back of the motor, I think you loose about 18% through the drive line with the currant set up. The stock 6R55 will handle around 650 lbs of torque, but I'm thinking more in the neighborhood of 600 lbs, and even then I dont think anyone has broke the 600 barrier. I could be wrong on that though, be interesting if someone has. The highest I've seen mine data logging was 586 lbs, but I also hit 27 lbs of boost. With what I,ve got going on now with tuning and water / meth, I'm seeing about 525 530 tops and that's with around 20 to 22 lbs boost. Yeah, I tend to push mine a bit harder than most, LOL.

Registered
Here's the thing though....a lot of force hit that block to make that mount snap off. What about the innards? I mean we have forged internals and I know it's really sturdy but that would scare me a little bit. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid about that stuff. Either way I certainly wish the best for you!
It will be ok. What you need to do then is pull the timing cover off you broken motor and use it, but check into what needs to be done to do that far as holding the cams and crank. The 2.0 doesn't have a keyed damper, so the bolt holds it tight from turning, when you pull the cover off of one, you need to hold both cams, and there's a plug in the back you pull, then screw in a pin bolt that has to go into a hole in the bob weight on the crank. Keeps it from tuning, after all that is done, you can now take the bolt out of the damper and remove it and the timing cover. I'd have too look into the 2.7 3.0 to know if it's anything like this. Haven't had to replace a cover on either yet, so far.

Registered
BTW big huge thanks to @Skipe , a lot of guys on here actually have helped me a ton and I'm grateful to each and every one of you (way too many to list them all) but Skipe has been huge in getting me to where I am with regard to tuning, and I just wanted to give him a huge shout-out in public that he really has helped me out. Thanks Skipe!
No problem, just don't blow up your @3%$, LOL.

Registered
LKQ is gonna foot the bill to have the motor Mount from my old engine welded onto the new one. 馃
We order parts from them all the time, and half the stuff goes back I swear. We'll get a door that was suppose to be a grade A part, thing looks like it got drug down a stone dirt road. if we can fix it with in reason, we'll get them to take some money off it a lot of times, and they usually will just so they don't get it back and chuck it in the scrap bin with the rest of the crap parts they try to sell people.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
It will be ok. What you need to do then is pull the timing cover off you broken motor and use it, but check into what needs to be done to do that far as holding the cams and crank. The 2.0 doesn't have a keyed damper, so the bolt holds it tight from turning, when you pull the cover off of one, you need to hold both cams, and there's a plug in the back you pull, then screw in a pin bolt that has to go into a hole in the bob weight on the crank. Keeps it from tuning, after all that is done, you can now take the bolt out of the damper and remove it and the timing cover. I'd have too look into the 2.7 3.0 to know if it's anything like this. Haven't had to replace a cover on either yet, so far.
Thanks! With that in mind I quoted LKQ the 5hours labor I was told it would take to R/R the timing cover.

Registered
That sound about right to me if you look at what's involved to do it.

Registered
Any more news? I wanna know about a 2.7L being dropped into the Minnie Mouse car too. ;)

Registered
I figure the two remaining cylinders of Hootusheads old 2.7 should be enough to make 鈥淒a Minnie鈥 an absolute rocket!!!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
鈥淒a Minnie鈥 is on the back burner until I get my FFS running. 馃槀

I鈥檝e got my 鈥渘ew鈥 engine back from the welding shop with the motor mount fixed. I need to pick up some seals from Ford and I should be ready to start putting it back together.

Premium Member
Hootushead can you post a pic of the fire wall looking for the a/c drain tube?

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

Registered
Thanks for sharing the video, that's probably the clearest view we'll ever see. I think the shiny block with 2 lines are for the refrigerant lines. I'm still unsure of the location of the AC drain on the firewall. Maybe it is under the heat insulation
on the lower part?

Registered
I think it is, been a long time since I had one at work with no motor in it, Have one out in the back building i can look at on Monday when I go back to work.

Registered
Evidently, your work ethic is not to be questioned! That鈥檚 a shipload of work you鈥檝e done!

Super Moderator
Hootushead contact James Gordan aka Tuning by James he is doing this exact thing to Marcelino Sport and is working on the tuning. Also if you join the FB group Colin Bert swapped the 3.0 into his Edge sport so he also have ecu requirement info for proper start up and adjustments. Facebook Groups

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Hootushead contact James Gordan aka Tuning by James he is doing this exact thing to Marcelino Sport and is working on the tuning. Also if you join the FB group Colin Bert swapped the 3.0 into his Edge sport so he also have ecu requirement info for proper start up and adjustments. Facebook Groups
Yup. I spoke with James a couple times before I pulled the engine. At that point I don鈥檛 think he was too far w the tuning. I also reached out to Enzo but the guy tuning his car had a long waiting list. Didn鈥檛 reach out to Colin though. Did he do his own tuning?

In the end, between time and money I decided to go back to stock. Now that I鈥檝e replaced one engine maybe a 3.0 swap down the road is still possible.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts