Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey, can you get a good pick of the front turbo and all the coolant lines n oil lines ?

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
This may have been covered somewhere else but did you happen to be data logging, or at least get a chance to read all the DTCs off the car afterward? I'd be curious about any clues as to why it gave out. That might be interesting for folks on here.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This may have been covered somewhere else but did you happen to be data logging, or at least get a chance to read all the DTCs off the car afterward? I'd be curious about any clues as to why it gave out. That might be interesting for folks on here.
I wasn’t data logging but I was monitoring several pids including KR which never displayed any knock.

9A1F32AF-2B15-4CCB-A8ED-9A5F61387F3C.png

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Oh man. It looks like they dropped it off a crane onto concrete or something. Am I seeing that right?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Not sure how it happened or if I can send it back but the trans Mount is definitely snapped off.
Yeah that's that new fracture-split technology we have, first they used it for the fractured main bearing caps, this is its first use in transmission mounts. ;)

Seriously though that sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you. You just can't catch a break. That's rough.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That's the right end, got a nice size chunk missing, I bet it it was out of a hard front end hit. Broke the timing cover, I've had to replace them on a few 2.0's. What I would be more worried about is if it got hot. We bought a MKZ 2.0 to build, I ended up putting a motor it due to it not having any compression. Thing that didn't make sense was we were under the impression the motor shut down when it reached a certain temp. that one didn't.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That thing is trash, the stud on the far right is bent in the hole. I would be on the phone, and let them know that thing is junk.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well, it didn’t come out the top but it did come out the front.

I followed the service manual all the way up to supporting the subframe/motor/trans with a floor Jack and raising the car up.
Instead I removed the LH axle along with a wiring harness that goes to the power steering. From there I just used a regular floor Jack and dropped the subframe assembly by itself. Then I supported the engine and trans from the top with the hoist, removed the entire front end, and rolled it out the front.

I used a load lever to ballanc left to right. One side of it connected to eye bolts in front and back of the engine with two ratchet straps to balance front to back. The other side of the leveler went to the top of the trans with a chain.
403BCDDA-A862-45B1-B7BF-20C5A26DE65B.jpeg
09DD0137-4C05-4D8F-8218-5B92D652E692.jpeg
CBEA0674-07B7-4A96-9E34-37E2D91A6DC5.jpeg
68D41112-7C6C-48FC-BD36-3966335CB6C7.jpeg
E2BF9FEF-1F72-420B-A5DD-004266BC31DF.jpeg
0395D776-2A39-4F57-9CBF-390583796349.jpeg

·
Registered
706 Posts
Threw a rod, not uncommon. Usually due to high cylinder pressures under high load low RPM's. Years ago we had a well known tuner that had a 80E tune, guys would be rolling along at 35 mph, and have a rod let go in their 7.3's. Turned out that it was due to, to much injector timing, and high cylinder pressures.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
336 Posts
Threw a rod, not uncommon. Usually due to high cylinder pressures under high load low RPM's. Years ago we had a well known tuner that had a 80E tune, guys would be rolling along at 35 mph, and have a rod let go in their 7.3's. Turned out that it was due to, to much injector timing, and high cylinder pressures.
So really what is the safe amount of power in the 2.7 after a few years of trial and error.

·
Registered
756 Posts

So…is this your “loaner vehicle” while your FuSport is in the shop?

·
Registered
706 Posts
What did LKQ do about the busted up motor they sent ?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
450 475 ish
Safe for the motor (I'm assuming you're talking torque, not HP), but what about the tranny? In your experience have the transmissions been holding up to 450-475 in most cases without giving out? I'm tiptoing around that 406 limiter and walking on eggshells a little. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
BTW big huge thanks to @Skipe , a lot of guys on here actually have helped me a ton and I'm grateful to each and every one of you (way too many to list them all) but Skipe has been huge in getting me to where I am with regard to tuning, and I just wanted to give him a huge shout-out in public that he really has helped me out. Thanks Skipe!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts