Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this has happened a couple times already. No idea where this "liquid" is coming from. It seems like water. I say that because that is the consistency it has. I parked in the garage after driving. Temp was 70-75 degrees and dry out. Then I pulled the car out to load it up for our trip and there was a little puddle near the rear end of the car. Maybe a 3-4 inch diameter puddle. It happened to be in a spot in the garage where oil had spilled before, so when I wiped it up it smelled slightly oily, which I attributed to it picking up some of the oil with the water.

Anybody else get this? Rear-diff fluid would be way thicker. Never had puddles in the garage before. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you have the cooled seats option? As far as I can tell the seats don't use the same cooling system as the car does... At least when I have the A/C off and turn on the cooled seats I don't notice the compressor kick on.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moonroof drain is another.
One of the few with no moonroof.

Do you have the cooled seats option?
No cooled seats either.

I think it must be exhaust condensation. Which is weird cause the garage stays pretty warm. I guess the exhaust would still be much hotter though. I've noticed it when parked outside also on blacktop. I'm just hoping I don't have actual water in my exhaust.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The A/C in this car get's really cold and drips ALOT, even after the car is off.
Maybe, it's water from your A/C and it's trailing back towards the back in and collecting in a slight indentation on the ground. The trail to that spot can evaporate quickly. It's all speculation.....until you actually look under the car to see where this water is dripping from.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The A/C in this car get's really cold and drips ALOT, even after the car is off.
Maybe, it's water from your A/C and it's trailing back towards the back in and collecting in a slight indentation on the ground. The trail to that spot can evaporate quickly. It's all speculation.....until you actually look under the car to see where this water is dripping from.
Good thought. But in my garage, that would be the liquid would have to be trailing uphill and from what I learned about gravity in school, that isn't going to happen here on Earth. Just got back from a long trip so I will keep an eye on it this afternoon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Happened to me last night. Notice two puddles near the back of the car, one just a couple drops on the drivers side, and a much larger one maybe 3 inches across on the passengers side. Appeared to have some pink in it. Looked up under the car and it almost looked like it was coming from some "ports" in the plate there near the back. It was dripping pretty good from that spot. It evaporated and was gone really quick like it wasn't just water. Any ideas?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked twice yesterday and had nothing. I'll keep an eye on it though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Turns out it's a drainage port for condensation. All is well, and my "White Lightening" is kicking some serious ass now. Installed the drop in K&N and am eyeing Cobb exhaust at the moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts