Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the drain and fill plugs on the PTU are the same size? I know the drain plug is supposed to be magnetic. If they were both the same size it would be nice to have two magnetic plugs to keep out the most metallic shavings as possible.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, I believe they both require a 50 torx bit. No, the fill plug is not magnetic. The fill plug being magnetic would serve no purpose since it is not covered by the oil. Any heavy particles sink to the bottom are attracted to the magnet on the drain plug.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Torx Plus 50 (TP-50). Torx would work but TP is the actual size. The splines are a different shape. Just be thankful we have drain plugs and a PTU cooler as well as a fill plug!! My 2018 Explorer does not, and only has a fill plug.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So easy even a cave man can do it, LOL :) Thing that makes changing the fluid really easy is having a pump to put the new stuff in. I,ve got a bottle pump that fits the newer Motorcraft bottles they use now which makes it simple. So much so I intend on changing it every time I do an oil change, figure it takes less than a quart so it's really not expensive to do and will save you PTU.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So easy even a cave man can do it, LOL :) Thing that makes changing the fluid really easy is having a pump to put the new stuff in. I,ve got a bottle pump that fits the newer Motorcraft bottles they use now which makes it simple. So much so I intend on changing it every time I do an oil change, figure it takes less than a quart so it's really not expensive to do and will save you PTU.
yeah i have done it once. just thinking some minor extra protection ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts