Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys just wanted to pop in, I picked up a sweet 2019 Ford Fusion Sport about two weeks ago! (NJ here)
This car is such a sleeper and the potential for power is awesome, the interior is beautiful (to me) I've never had a luxury-ish car.
By that I mean, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, infotainment center and all the goodies that come with this car.

I'm a car guy, love to work on cars and love to mod things and of course I can't leave stuff alone.
That being said, not 5 days later the stock grille came off and on went a 2017-18 Fusion Sport version. (probably going to change the wheels as well)
Such a great upgrade for looks in my opinion and taste, makes the front much more aggressive and the honeycombs seem to be a paint match for the magnetic color!

The car had 38k pre-owned miles before me, but it's in great shape inside and out.
From my research, changing the PTU oil is a must. 75w140 Severe Gear seems like the preferred choice?
I plan to change the rear diff and trans fluid as well just to ensure all my juices are fresh.

Already changed the plugs and cleaned the throttle body, it is indeed a rats nest under that ecoBeast cover requiring child-like hands which I do not have LOL
I was almost shocked when flooring the car from a red light there is nothing but grip and launch, touch of lag but I was like whaaaaaaaattttttt!? very pleased!
Looking into tuning soon as I am sure there's a lot Ford left on the table with this engine.

Love the fact that it's somewhat under the radar, yes.. I too did not even know this car existed in this configuration.
Anyway, off to more research and here she is!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

And after the grille change...

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

So much better with that grille!!

Besiudes regular car maintenance and that PTU, any other things I should look out for as I approach 40k?

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
170 Posts
Congrats and welcome from NJ! Love the color..by far my favorite. Took me longer to find one cause I wouldn't take any other color!

Where about in NJ are you?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Good color, reminds me of the DSG cobra :D

I just posted this in another thread but, I borescoped my engine the other day to see about carbon deposits etc as i'm just over 39k miles (although I've had methanol injection since like 2k miles), engine looked brand spanking new. Like not a single speck of carbon, NADA. I'm sure the methanol played a heavy role but still. Nice to know after almost 40k miles it even has the capability to look as clean as it does inside.

and grats btw! They're fun as hell.

I am a HUGE HUGE advocate of getting an FMIC, the computer neuters performance for high iat2s and the difference in temps and consistent performance was worth its weight in gold

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats and welcome from NJ! Love the color..by far my favorite. Took me longer to find one cause I wouldn't take any other color!

Where about in NJ are you?
I am in the middlesex area, yes love the color had my eyes on a black one in the 2017 flavor but black is so hard to take care of!

Good color, reminds me of the DSG cobra :D

I just posted this in another thread but, I borescoped my engine the other day to see about carbon deposits etc as i'm just over 39k miles (although I've had methanol injection since like 2k miles), engine looked brand spanking new. Like not a single speck of carbon, NADA. I'm sure the methanol played a heavy role but still. Nice to know after almost 40k miles it even has the capability to look as clean as it does inside.

and grats btw! They're fun as hell.

I am a HUGE HUGE advocate of getting an FMIC, the computer neuters performance for high iat2s and the difference in temps and consistent performance was worth its weight in gold
Wow nice! wondering if some injector cleaner once in a while may keep that off?
I have some FMIC's in my favorites, I don't want to go crazy on the mods but want to make a simple reliable setup that is just a tad faster.
Just in case I run into another Sport haha (which so far I've not seen). I do have a modding problem though so who knows!

Hello and welcome to the forum
thank you! :) lots of good info!

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
170 Posts
Not bad, I live in Jersey City but work in East Hanover. Doubt wed see one another but I've only ever seen one sport around here or the highway.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That being said, not 5 days later the stock grille came off and on went a 2017-18 Fusion Sport version. (probably going to change the wheels as well)

View attachment 28736

And after the grille change...

View attachment 28738

So much better with that grille!!
Wait, 17-19 Sports all had the same black grille from the factory. The lower facia and wheels are all Sport (it has a quad exhaust, right?) so it sounds like the previous owner put a non-Sport grille on the car. Have you checked CarFax for any accidents?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wait, 17-19 Sports all had the same black grille from the factory. The lower facia and wheels are all Sport (it has a quad exhaust, right?) so it sounds like the previous owner put a non-Sport grille on the car. Have you checked CarFax for any accidents?
Was wondering the same thing. Anyway congrats on the buy. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 4 years in and I'm still loving it.

Reactions: Vidmo

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hi @fdjizm ,

I was going to say the same thing about the grille that @LeVeL and @Fozzy said. That grille that came on your FFS was not an FFS grille. That looked like the grille that comes on most lower-end Fusions, like (not to single them out but just as an example because they're so common) the S or SE.

In any case, good job getting an FFS grille on there! Nice car, and welcome to the forum. :cool:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm with @LeVeL and @Fozzy. Not only do the grilles both upper and lower, look "off", but the wheel color looks off, too.
I would definitely check that Car Fax.

Anyway, Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family! Like the color, also.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hi fd. I was thinking the same as everyone above when I looked at your photos yesterday, but did not want to begin a debate. Your Fusion Sport had the wrong grill on it when you purchased it (unless you accidentally swapped the photos).

Good luck.

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whaaaat? Car has no accidents. It came with that chrome bar grille which u swapped out. Yes I think I made a mistake when staying it came from and older sport. I believe those had black honeycombs.

From everything I can see online the 2019 fusion sport came with the chrome bar grille no???? It's the 2017-18 that came with a the black honeycomb grille... Right!? Lol

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Whaaaat? Car has no accidents. It came with that chrome bar grille which u swapped out. Yes I think I made a mistake when staying it came from and older sport. I believe those had black honeycombs.

From everything I can see online the 2019 fusion sport came with the chrome bar grille no???? It's the 2017-18 that came with a the black honeycomb grille... Right!? Lol
Mine is an 18 and I promise it has the same exact grille as the 19s. 😉

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well damn, wtf. So mine should have come with a similar grille i put on except black honeycomb?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
There was someone who used to be on here who replaced his grille with one out of an SE I think. I don't know that it's the same car but I'm just saying apparently some people have done that.

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting, I just thought it's what they did for 2019. Explains why the grille i took off says "deka" on it and no fomoco

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is the part off the bar grille i took off.
I'm bugging out over here, this doesn't look oem hopefully the previous owner just swapped it and nothing crazy is behind it. Carfax has no accidents on it, and Vin is a 2019 definitely a sport.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
If it drives fine I wouldn't worry about it too much - even if it had been in a crash, when you sell it the Carfax should still come back clean so you'll be fine there (although it's possible that Carfax is just lagging months behind, but that's rare I think). Unless there was frame damage from a huge crash, everything else can be made as new by a competent shop so again I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hi fd. Not that brochures are always the final word, since production changes can be made, but take a look at the Fusion Sport model in the 2019 Fusion brochure. In addition to the photos, it even states "a high gloss black mesh grill" and "Unique high-gloss black upper mesh grille" in separate sections describing the Fusion Sport features.

As others have stated, the (or a) previous owner probably swapped it out because they liked the chrome bar grill better. Different strokes...as they say.

As far as whether it is a Fusion Sport or not: I don't think you have much to worry about, as long as it has a 2.7L EcoBoost in it, it is a Fusion Sport. That is not easy to swap out. ;)

Enjoy it and good luck.

Attachments

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
169 Posts
You got the real deal, beautiful FFS. Welcome from Texas !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts