Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
At first, I saw the pictures without reading and thought “Wojtas went completely insane and installed Brembos!!” Then I read your post and I have to say I really like the idea of going with that color on your black car! It will be unique and definitely contribute to the sophisticated dark look! Good choice! Perhaps color matching some small details (like the Ford or Sport badges) to the brake calipers would pull the theme together?
At this point Brembo Party is too expensive for me but some forces still push me to think about it in the future :ROFLMAO: - who knows?

It is always thin red line between awkward/hilarious and sophisticated look, so I am very careful with all visual mods

I putted a vinyl black wrap on center cups, and I am still creating the logo for cups which will correspondent logo to color of brake calipers. It is all about to put the car in deeper Sleeper not recognizable mode :)

I need to work on it

Font Badge Symbol Circle Art

I am thinking also to make a custom rear emblem using this black panther. The front emblem will stay black. I even bought the black emblem and need to replace someday with this one which I covered with the vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
BAD MPG

Car has only 38k miles so far.

In addition, to make the picture more complete I use a car 90% in city but the fuel consumption for me is still seems to be too high.

I saw a lot of threads and I know that topic is deep as ocean. There are so many variables, however I am still concern if the MPG is not too big...

I will be very grateful for all your tips and correct me please if I am wrong.
Should I be worried?
  • I am using high octane fuel
  • I do not see that car smokes
  • spark plugs – new have been mounted about few months ago
  • broken air temperature sensor changed few months ago
  • broken air flow sensor replaced few months ago
  • tire pressure – ok according to the manual
Font Screenshot Number Electric blue Circle

* fuel leaks, leaking fuel line – I did not see anything disturbing

I still have to check:
  • Fuel injectors
  • spark plugs wires
  • piston rings
  • intake and exhaust valves
I am planning to make a "longer" trip (about 1 hour with average speed of 70-75 mph) to check MPG

Gadget Font Display device Multimedia Electric blue
Font Sky Gadget Electric blue Electronic device

Font Gadget Electronic device Communication Device Screenshot
Font Gadget Electronic device Sky Technology

BTW. Fuel in Europe has never been cheap. At this time 1 GAL costs approximately 6,1 USD here in Poland 😟

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
858 Posts
Have you checked your numbers with calculator and compared to the car's computation?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Have you checked your numbers with calculator and compared to the car's computation?
Thanks, yes I've checked. I will check again but it is even worse than car computer calculated :(
I know that I have heavy foot but not so heavy to have these numbers I think...
Next 120 miles I will drive very, very calm and let you know.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
On the car with braided wires.

One of the old plastic wire was swollen, so I am glad that have new wires - hopefully I will forget about them forever :) ) For the time being it is hard to tell anything about performance progress but I beleive it will be noticable

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Locking hubs Wheel

Tire Wheel Locking hubs Automotive tire Vehicle brake

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)
Custom lower grill – 2nd approach & Front Lip/splitter

Hi, this is my second approach and I think it is much better in many aspects - it will stay that way!
Last week I had a time to drove to my parents in law. I spent almost 2 days (did not count the hours 😉 ) to finish all jobs but eventually I think it was worth to do that!

1) I bought the used front grill to have the same honeycomb shapes

Road surface Flooring Grass Rectangle Asphalt

Tire Automotive tire White Light Product

Plant Rectangle Grass Flooring Grassland

Tire Furniture Automotive tire Automotive design Grille

2) I used original plastic which cover the ACC – I cut off it and mounted 2 mm in front of ACC
3) New grill stick to the original lower grill frame very well without any vibration so ACC works perfectly.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Tire Grille Vehicle registration plate

I am very happy from visual effects achieved, and I am very glad that Everything works perfectly, and I have not lost the functionality of ACC.

Of course, because of my rush I had to disassembly bumper two times (air temperature sensor did not properly plug in – I had error. The same situation with parking sensor), so in other word rush always is not a good advisor.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Custom lower grill – 2nd approach & Front Lip/splitter

Hi, this is my second approach and I think it is much better in many aspects - it will stay that way!
Last week I had a time to drove to my parents in law. I spent almost 2 days (did not count the hours 😉 ) to finish all jobs but eventually I think it was worth to do that!

1) I bought the used front grill to have the same honeycomb shapes

View attachment 29770

View attachment 29771

View attachment 29772

View attachment 29773

2) I used original plastic which cover the ACC – I cut off it and mounted 2 mm in front of ACC
3) New grill stick to the original lower grill frame very well without any vibration so ACC works perfectly.

View attachment 29776

View attachment 29777

View attachment 29778

View attachment 29779

I am very happy from the visual effects, and I am very glad that Everything works perfectly, and I have not lost the functionality of ACC.

Of course, because of my rush I had to disassembly bumper two times (air temperature sensor did not properly plug in – I had error. The same situation with parking sensor), so in other word rush always is not a good advisor.
Awesome work. This is exactly what I wanted to do but I didn't think it would out. I got a new take-off grill (thanks Cody) Can you share any more cut and molding details?

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Awesome work. This is exactly what I wanted to do but I didn't think it would out. I got a new take-off grill (thanks Cody) Can you share any more cut and molding details?
Hi Flew,
Thanks! Of Course I will write later on, however it is PITA!😒 I did my best with the tools that I had.

Very short instruction:

I did not glue becauce it is no that kind plastic as I wanted ( this grill is a very hard plastic)
I think I could still improve it a little bit but it depends from time you have.
I did so many try-ons. I did a lot of trims many times to not too cut to deep - this is my best advice 😁

I used a thinest black cable ties and put it symetricaly
ACC cover is about 1-1,5 inches behind grill.

Hair Font Rectangle Wood Automotive tire

Photo taken from very close up, cable ties practically invisible from a distance

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille

Rectangle Terrestrial plant Grass Plant Funeral

·
Registered
147 Posts
This looks amazing. Great work! The aesthetic is perfect but the detailer in me is cringing knowing that’s the hardest part of the car to clean🤣 I got tired of bending over and now when I detail it, the oil change ramps come out and I pull up a chair to that baby🧽

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hi Flew,
Thanks! Of Course I will write later on, however it is PITA!😒 I did my best with the tools that I had.

Very short instruction:

I did not glue becauce it is no that kind plastic as I wanted ( this grill is a very hard plastic)
I think I could still improve it a little bit but it depends from time you have.
I did so many try-ons. I did a lot of trims many times to not too cut to deep - this is my best advice 😁

I used a thinest black cable ties and put it symetricaly
ACC cover is about 1-1,5 inches behind grill.

View attachment 29786

Photo taken from very close up, cable ties practically invisible from a distance

View attachment 29784

View attachment 29785
Thank you. I appreciate this. Interesting, one talented guy across the ocean has done so much with limited Fusion resources. I nominate you as President of the Fusion Sport club of EU.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
Custom bottom grill

Good to have:

• Angle Grinder (great to trim)
  • Black Cable ties (preferable the thinnest ones)
  • Little hacksaw (it is even better without handle) to precise trimming
  • Tape Measure

STEPS:

1) Cut along the edges

Train Automotive lighting Rolling stock Bumper Railway

2) Mount it to bumper
3) Use the tape measure tape to measure shapes (please bear in mind that top and bottom line are curved) or just create the template from cardboard
Color of the lines have different lengths:

Rectangle Automotive exterior Gas Gadget Auto part

4) You can trim the front grill using the measured dimensions (remember about 3 -5mm of reserve). The shape of front grill is a little bit too small to cover all areas of bottom grill, so you will miss a little part of front grill in the cover of bottom grill in left or right corner – I had to add)

Plant Land lot Agriculture Grass Wood

Bicycle handlebar Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

5) You need to repeat the trimming till the time it will fit perfectly
6) Make tiny holes for the cable ties (indicated in blue), so small that only the cable ties will through them. In few places you can use the original latch (I indicated in red color)

Building Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting

7) If you have ACC you can cover it using the original plastic like I did. I made holes and mounted it here

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Asphalt

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Grille

8) DONE!

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

My best advice is to not to be in rush. Below you can find mistakes that I did.

1) I was doing it slowly and precisely and then my cousin asked me: why have you been doing this so long? I will help you – you know how it ended. We trimmed to much :cautious:
a) I had to add the grill on the top. You can see on the picture additional cable ties that could have been avoided – you can do it better (happily they are not visible for mortals 😊 )

Plant Tree Automotive exterior Skyscraper Grass

b) Always make a measurement when the bottom grill is mounted to the bumper (only then it has a proper fitment)

I hope it could be helpful!

81 - 100 of 103 Posts