Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thank you Guys for all information regarding the lower grill. It is not a big cost for doing it. I'll do some fittings and if it will looks nice I will share with you the final effect.

In that case, the protection of the radar is much more important than the appearance of the grill.
I am just wondering, if when I mount custom grill on the front of the stock grill, the radar still will be work properly??

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am just wondering, if when I mount custom grill on the front of the stock grill, the radar still will be work properly??
@Wojtas this thread says it’s pretty sensitive to changes or any type of movement, relocation etc..

I would think it will work as long as you do your best not to move it; however you may be able to test this by just taking the bumper off and seeing if it still works. As long as your new grille’s material doesn’t disrupt the signal, you should be fine if you don’t move or alter it in any way.

This post from one of the mods of this site confirms the info in the thread above.

This guy moved it and apparently has no issues though. Good luck.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Black LMS 93V6, GFB Diverter, K&N panel, 165* thermo Ultimate Perf FMI
38 Posts
View attachment 29095
Here's the decal I like for the Sport
Here's the original link I found the image on. It originated for a memorial for a tactical swat Officer killed in the line of duty. I thought the image speaks volumes on doing that job as well as the personality of the Sport.

Semper Fi! Pappy

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Black LMS 93V6, GFB Diverter, K&N panel, 165* thermo Ultimate Perf FMI
38 Posts
Here's the original link I found the image on. It originated for a memorial for a tactical swat Officer killed in the line of duty. I thought the image speaks volumes on doing that job as well as the personality of the Sport.

Semper Fi! Pappy

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive mirror Car

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
STAGE 1 DONE

STOCK 324 HP
vs STAGE1 376 HP (+ 52 HP; +16%)
STOCK 499 Nm
vs STAGE1 595 Nm (+ 96 Nm; +19,2%)

Cannot wait to see the difference on the roads.
Rectangle Slope Triangle Plot Font

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

At the time of chip tuning

I need to paint calipers ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hi, Yesterday I covered this this plastic with additional styrofoam (1 inch thick) and ACC worked perfectly😄!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

I will try to make the custom lower grill with honeycombs hopefully soon, without any touching of ACC.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
BLACK WHEELS.

I always planned to make this Shadow Black more Black than stock - the same refers to wheels.

Thanks to you I have some imagination how black stock wheels looks like.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

@Botani - hope you do not mind if I will attach your beautiful car here ;)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

I have to say that the color on stock wheels are really great, but still wondering if black ones won't be better. (GLOSS BLACK)
It will save me a lot of cash (new 19" wheels + summer tires ~ 2000 USD) if I will paint the stock wheels - I have all seasons tires on them.

Do you recommend to paint with Plasti DIP or in traditional way?
I will be grateful for your advises - AS ALWAYS👊

Aaah ;) I have just made a sample. Please do not blame me for the quality - I do not have any Photoshop skills - it is just to show the whole Idea

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Custom lower grill

Yesterday late evening I had time to work with that.
After 2 hours eventualy I did that.
After unpacking the box I was a little bit negatively suprised. Material from very short distance looks quite cheap, however I decided to try to work with that.
Just to summarize:

+
* IMO looks great - I need to cut mustache. In the morning I did not have a time to make a picture but I will do that later. I have only pictures from work (sorry for quality, but you know that it is quite difficult to make pro picture if you are at the time of create something ;)

-
* ACC and Pre Colison sensor is not working :( - I was pretty sure that it will be working ( I made a test with 1 inch plastfoam as a cover and it worked)

I need to decide. For the time beeing FFS is not my DD car so basiacaly I do not use ACC and I think I can live without Pre Colison sensor.
Anyway - returning to stock grill will take few minutes.

I am quite curious about your opinions.
Below you can find qucik photo story.

Rectangle Carbon Composite material Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Wheel Tread Tire Hubcap Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

first try-ons

Car Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

Final look with mustache ;)

Grille Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Lower grill
original vs custom

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

The color of lower grill could be a little bit darker (maybe I will repainted someday).

I did try-ons for halogen covers, but it will rather require removing the bumper to do it precisely

·
Registered
467 Posts
I love how the color looks on car, however keeping this perfect look is a pain in the ass. Picture made 5 minutes after washing ;:rolleyes:
yep. I hear you. A little soul crushing at times.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
BRAKE CALIPERS & BRAIDED WIRES

Next week I am planning to refresh my brake calipers. I thought that I will do on my own, but I do not have a time, tools, etc. I do not want to spray without removing them as a temporary solution. I found the guy who make it professionally:
He will dismantle them, sand them, primed them, paint them appropriately, and seared them.

Additionally, I decided to do in that way because I do not like the basic red bright colors which are available on the market. I would like to make the color much deeper (like burgundy or cherry as I think it will great fit with overall dark look of the car). Below you can find the sample of color.

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

For the time being I will paint only original brake calipers.
I asked for the price of custom front & rear brakes with replacement of discs for bigger, bigger calipers etc. but the costs starts from 2500$ so for now it is too much for me.

At the same time, I bought the braided wires, hope it will fit (I compared with steeda ones)

Front: 486mm / 19,130 inches
Rear: 504 mm / 19,84 inches

Rectangle Art Baize Magenta Tints and shades

Product Body jewelry Office supplies Writing implement Earrings

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
At first, I saw the pictures without reading and thought “Wojtas went completely insane and installed Brembos!!” Then I read your post and I have to say I really like the idea of going with that color on your black car! It will be unique and definitely contribute to the sophisticated dark look! Good choice! Perhaps color matching some small details (like the Ford or Sport badges) to the brake calipers would pull the theme together?

When I switched to Steeda stainless braided brake lines I was a bit disappointed that they weren’t visible without getting down and looking. They were covered with a clear flexible sleeve to protect the braided stainless from dirt and salt, but that sleeve basically turned very dark brown within a year and now you can’t tell they’re stainless at all! I will say that the improvement in brake pedal feel was noticeable and for the relatively small cost I’d recommend stainless lines to anybody.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts