2017 Ford Fusion Sport
281 Posts
Looks great !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wojtas-
Excellent work so far ! I can't imagine how expensive it is to rebuild a FFS in Europe with parts shortages !

Where was the car originally?
Thank you Gregg.
Answering to your question:

Thoroughbred Ford
Platte City, MO
thoroughbredfordpc.com

Gentlemen’s do not talk about the cost ;)

From my perspective we cannot say that something is expensive or not worth it. I think there is no price for making the dream come true.

Of course, I could buy a BMW or AUDI which are very popular here in POLAND but from my perspective the price for them are much overpriced. I know what expecting about FORD and did not disappointed. Beautiful, well equipped car with GREAT ENGINE.

The car is much different than others.

I bought it for myself not for showing off, however I can imagine how many times people are not expecting this kind of beast which is inside this car. You know what I mean ;)
It is a great sleeper!

One of the things that I truly regret that there is a problem to get performance parts on our local market. I checked the Steeda but I need to save some money to buy a bunch of parts to not to pay every time for a delivery cost.
We have some local PRO who make a custom intercooler, custom exhaust, etc. I have some plan for the future.
I am thinking about stage 1 (chip tuning which gives about additionally 50 HP and about 80Nm)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Loved seeing this (re)build. Wishing you many years of enjoyment!! Thank you for saving an awesome car!

THX Dustin!

It is a great FUN for me. It is always nice when we grab something from the "garbage" and make a new life for it.
Start loving the V6, they are dying so fast :D. It is one of the last occasion to have something real, not electronic one, which is unfortunately our future :(

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
281 Posts
Gentlemen’s do not talk about the cost ;)

The car is much different than others.

I bought it for myself not for showing off, however I can imagine how many times people are not expecting this kind of beast which is inside this car. You know what I mean ;)
It is a great sleeper!
No more cost talk:censored:

It is a unique car that nobody knows about . Even at the Ford dealership they don't know what it is:oops:

My motivations are almost the same as yours for choosing this car , however it is different here in the USA as other beasts roam the streets ( Hemi Mopars , Corvettes , Mustang GT , Camaro SS , etc.). But as far as mid size sedans it almost reigns supreme !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My motivations are almost the same as yours for choosing this car , however it is different here in the USA as other beasts roam the streets ( Hemi Mopars , Corvettes , Mustang GT , Camaro SS , etc.). But as far as mid size sedans it almost reigns supreme !
I know, I know :):)

Sorry that off topic.
I am a little bit jealous about your US motorization and muscle cars with souls. The sounds of pure V8 is a best melody 😍 I had a chance to drive this car for almost a week. Unforgettable feelings ;)

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Car Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
781 Posts
Very, Very, Nice. Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to FFS Family!!
I hope you have Great New Year!!

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nice job. You'll certainly enjoy this on European roads. Its a great touring car and through the mountain passes it'll be a blast.
Thank you for sharing it was a joy to read your work on resurrecting something that is rare and special.
Happy New Year.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Thank you all for positive words! I will keep you posted.
I am waiting for:

* Front Lip Spoiler
Sunglasses Eye glass accessory Eyewear Bicycle part Personal protective equipment

* Rear spoiler extension (it is similar to "SpoilerKing", however it is quite shorter) Hope it will looks fine. We will see.
Eyewear Rectangle Gadget Personal protective equipment Jewellery

Once I receive them and mount them I will make a photos.

I have some plans for the future for visual tuning aspect of the car but I do not wan to make "too much" Nice and clean :)

WHEELS:
I am plannig to buy 20" black rims on summer days.
Few weeks ago I just bought new all season tires (Vredestein Quatrac PRO 235/40/19 but in my case they are dedicated for stock rim)

LOWERING SPRINGS:
It will depend from availability ( H&R, Vogtland)

EMBLEMS:
I am working on the custom front, rear emblem and wheel center cups - I need to check how it will be looks on the car first before I will post it ;)

After winter I am planning to make a more professional photo gallery or maybe I will even try to make some movie from a drone :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Hood strut already mounted.
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Vehicle

To make more practical I also mounted the trunk strut kit. It only allow to fully open the trunk but it is very helpful.
I saw some guy who created the trunk strut which is working in two ways (open&close), but for me is too complicate to copy this patent. I will try to make a movie soon.

Wood Street light Door Composite material Font
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

It is availalble on ebay.
In 99,9% it should fit (Ford Mondeo):

Gas Strut spring for trunk

I bought simillar one on Aliexpress :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wojtas, you had a vision and you made it come true. You saved this Sport, look at the vast improvement from when it was delivered to you, to how it looks now. Your repair work is beautiful.

Hat tip and Congratulations!

If you want, here are some songs recommended by Forum members. When an ad comes on your radio, switch over to one of these songs on a USB memory stick: Songs that sound best in your Fusion!

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
427 Posts
I'm disappointed I did not see your rebuild until now, and I have to echo the sentiments here that you've done a great thing.

I tend to think of cars as a kind of companion and friend. A tool that develops soul and personality over time, and it saddens me immensely every time I see a car someone loved taken to the scrap heap to be broken down. Call me sentimental.

In this case, you took a broken car destined for destruction and renewed it beautifully and at likely great cost financially, simply because you love the dream and promise of it. Not only did you do a great thing ecologically, but you allowed the car to gain a second chance at life and to eventually become a tool with a soul.

You have my immense respect. Thank you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
I'm disappointed I did not see your rebuild until now, and I have to echo the sentiments here that you've done a great thing.

I tend to think of cars as a kind of companion and friend. A tool that develops soul and personality over time, and it saddens me immensely every time I see a car someone loved taken to the scrap heap to be broken down. Call me sentimental.

In this case, you took a broken car destined for destruction and renewed it beautifully and at likely great cost financially, simply because you love the dream and promise of it. Not only did you do a great thing ecologically, but you allowed the car to gain a second chance at life and to eventually become a tool with a soul.

You have my immense respect. Thank you.
THANKS!
I was in my mind to create this topic a long ago, but you know- life and to much procrastination ;)
Mainly I did it for you Guys as my Recognition to all of you who are sharing the knowledge and experience!
It is a kind of my bill that need to be paid ;)!

P.S. I am sentimental too :D
I think I know what you mean: "I tend to think of cars as a kind of companion and friend" to most of us it is like a second home that we need to care of it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Gas Strut spring for trunk installed:

I cannot find any posts regarding above part, but maybe it will be helpful for somebody. It makes life much easier
It is a little bit faster than this .gif

Hood Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Transmition fluid changed: 37k miles/ 59k km (Mercon LV)
I am also in favor of shortening the maintenance intervals.

I did not have a time to record how the oil looked, but from my perspective it was not so bad. I expected much more worse condition. It was not black. It was more like ruby but still transparent. I bought 2x 1,25 GAlL but after first static changed I decided to use only one bootle.
At least I know what was there, and I am calm.

I am planning to change the fluid in rear differential and PTU fluid too (when it will be hotter)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Lower grill Project:

Hi everyone,

I would like to change the lower grill. I found some parts on web, however in my opinion they are too expensive (250-300$).
I am thinking to create the custom one. The cost will be much cheaper (20$ + time), but I do not want to heave a “cheap” looks ;)

Only the professional end result comes into play!

I need your advices. What do you think about it? Did anyone of you tried this before?
Please find below two comparisons. It could be hard to create the honey mesh between fog lamps - we will see.

P.S. I apologize for not professional photos :)

Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Car Grille

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

21 - 40 of 67 Posts