Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in NC for work this week and my friend owns a little over 20 acres and has a couple paved roads he uses for his RC planes so we decided to run emm. I wan't a tune so bad after this race. With an extra 30-50hp, he may not have every caught me. :)

Reactions: ike and 1153

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but if we go to the track, he may not be able to beat me to the 1/4 mark with a tune. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
While turbo's, direct injection, variable timing, electronic controls, etc have made great strides, there is still some truth to "There is no substitute for cubic inches..."

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
With a tune and running low 13s you have a good chance in the 1320. Those cars are pigs, plus traction issues on top of bad tranny gear ratios.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, after a certain distance, who cares if he can catch you? That's one of the great things about AWD. In many of the stoplight drag races you're likely to be in, you'll run out of room before a lot of more powerful 2WD cars can make up for their slower launch.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Track conditions will assist greatly in an AWD launch, but they will also help a RWD 6.4L put all 470hp/tq (crank) to the great for a great launch. I'm in the boat of the RWD but worse. Putting all my power to the ground from a dig is a tire smoking fest. I usually do a nice slow roll then gun it. sucks...sometimes I miss not having awd but then I remember I'm losing less hp/tq in the drivetrain

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
While turbo's, direct injection, variable timing, electronic controls, etc have made great strides, there is still some truth to "There is no replacement for displacement..."
Fixed that for ya. All about dem rhymez, yo.

Also, not that I'm not a member of the More Cubes Club, I also know that there are a lot of cars with tiny engines that can dominate by using boost and/or rpm to make power. F1 cars are fairly quick I hear. The Ecoboost powered Ford GT took La Mans this year, too.

I reset my trip meter right before i left work yesterday. After 15 miles of mixed highway/city, I pulled into my parking spot with 30mpg displayed for the trip. Lets see a hemi do that. I love me a V8, but a well made 6 has a lot to offer as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a '93 RX-7 with 80 cu. in. of displacement that put most V8 cars of that era to shame. I know rotary isn't quite the equivalent to Pistons but that thing was a rocket and a blast to drive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It was quick in 1990 😉. Pretty close to what my 90 SHO did

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
16 Posts
The SRTs are much quicker than our cars. I have owned 2. The newer 15s with the 8sp trans will knock off high 11s with just some sticky tires. They also weigh about the same as our cars even though they are physically larger. However with traction being a issues on stock tires our AWD will give us a take off advantage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts