401A
Pwr Moonroof w/ Gar dr opener
Enhance Park Assist
Cooled Driver/Passenger Seats
Adaptive cruise
All weather floor mats
Nav
Driver's Assist

Normally my tactic is to find the invoice price of the vehicle and options, add them up, and shoot for a number at, or below that number. I'm having a hard time finding the invoice cost for all options, so hoping i could get some negotiating advice/feedback.

Also, if there is anyone in the Baltimore/DC area that can recommend a good dealer, It would be great appreciated. Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
KBB will show you invoice cost. I closed my deal in late Sept in Columbus OH and got the deal at invoice plus the rebates available at that time.

#6 ·
One thing to mention is if your price is within reason and they wont agree to it, just tell them you'll look elsewhere and walk out. Majority of the time they will call you with a better offer and Ive even had them stop me as I was getting ready to back out of my parking spot in the lot.

#9 ·
Thanks, all! That price is with a $2k "incentive"

@wildcat - Where did you get that info from? I went through TrueCare and couldn't find the invoice pricing, only MSRP.

#10 ·
First, if you are going to talk about price, deals, ect on a forum; DON'T use the price of your deal including the incentives, ect already subtracted...
Incentives vary by location to some degree.
Taxes vary by state, county, city, ect...
Doc fees vary by dealer and location.

I suggest using MSRP, Invoice and what your deal is without incentives, tax, title doc fee and all that stuff.
MSRP and Invoice are the same (in the US anyway) as far as I know.

I have been a fan of using edmunds.com since they give you pricing for MSRP, Invoice and and their True Market Value (TMV) as they put it.
NADAguides.com will also give you MSRP and Invoice prices.
Sometimes the options on these websites do not work exactly the right way with the official options and such but they do a pretty good job.
I am a firm believer in doing my homework and knowing the pricing before I go buy a car...... That way I have a pretty good idea of how good the deal is.

While incentives play a big role in the overall deal, I NEVER go price shop a car at a dealer using the incentives in the (initial) figures.

Below is the "official" price info from Ford for my car. The MSRP Price in in parenthesis() and the Invoice Price is in brackets[]
'17 Fusion Sport (33595) [31747]
Burgandy Velvet (395) [375]
410A (2000) [1900]
All Weather Floor Mats (120) [114]
Navigation (795) [755]
3M Film (395) [375]
Driver Assist (1625) [1544]
Destination Delivery (875) [875]
Fuel Charge (0) [40]
Total (39800) [ 37725]

Hope this helps

Reactions: DAC17
#12 · (Edited)
First, if you are going to talk about price, deals, ect on a forum; DON'T use the price of your deal including the incentives, ect already subtracted...

Don't know if I'm being paranoid, but I feel your comment was directed at me but I may be wrong. My price was with no taxes, no incentives, etc. purely the purchase price. The negotiations with 5 dealers simultaneously resulted in the good deal. I've used this process for purchasing my last two cars and each was below what was supposedly invoice price. Dealers receive marketing and other monies from the factory based on their volume resulting in their being able to sell below "invoice." cockerdogs:(

#11 ·
If that car is at Norris Ford with an MSRP of $42,685, it is the only Magnetic FS with all those options in your area (according to my locator). There's nothing up here in the NE with all that stuff in that color. Looks like the next nearest Magnetic so equipped is in Charlotte.

Anyhoo, assuming the $2000 in rebates, that puts your actual selling price at $40,516. Invoice price on that car is $40,461.19. But you didn't hear that from me. :)

#14 ·
get a membership to the mustang club of america! It will give you access to xplan pricing, which is non-negotiable... and can also be stacked with most rebates and such.

X-Plan Pins For Everyone! *sticky this* - Ford X-Plan PIN Requests - Blue Oval Forums

I did this with my Sport and my ST and it was a pretty painless process. IIRC, the sticker price on my fusion was around 39K... with xplan pricing and other incentives Ford was doing at the time, I was able to get the car for just about 33K (plus tax/tags/and my trade-in). Its definitely worth looking into.

#16 ·
I just got back from the dealer to test drive the Sport. It was my first time in the vehicle and I was impressed. The only thing that I didn't like is that the car has 82 miles on the odometer. The sales rep told me that Ford used the car to test features for 30 miles after the car was built (there was a sticker on the car that stated exactly this).

Before incentives and everything else, the car is at $38,391.00.

Should I negotiate further? Can I use that mileage to my leverage?

Thanks again!

#17 ·
what incentives do you qualify for? As far as I am considering, you are 4K under MSRP, and 2K under invoice, and then you will get more off with incentives, so I would say you are already at a pretty good deal. Get them to throw in some free oil changes or something and I would say you are at a pretty good point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.