Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the VIN of my car I ordered back in June. Originally, we ordered Magnetic (my wife's choice. Misunderstanding, she thought it was hers.) with 401A. I changed the color to Ingot Silver (my choice) shortly after because the dealer told me that the car hadn't shipped yet.

On etis.ford.com, it says that the car shipped on 7.12.2016 and it's magnetic...

I talked to my dealer about the mistake and they tried to woo me on the magnetic rather than wait another 6 weeks for what I really want.

I told him to let me know if any other sports are arriving with it. If not Silver, Im okay with White Platinum or Oxford. I LOVE the red, burgundy & lightning blue colors but I'm 24 and live in Louisiana where insurance is severely retarted. Besides, Silver just looks so right on these.

Anybody else having similar issues???

·
Registered
186 Posts
On etis.ford.com, it says that the car shipped on 7.12.2016 and it's magnetic...
I'm curious where you found the ship date. ETIS shows the Build Date, but the car may not actually be shipped until a few days -- or weeks -- later. The order can't be changed after the Blend Date, when all the parts are allocated to that specific car, typically a week or so before the car is actually built. I think it's the date at the bottom of the sticker inside the border (the date outside the border at the bottom is the date the sticker was generated).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. Sigh... my dealer says that we can order another one using my same deposit but it'll take another 6 weeks. Why even order though? I might as well peruse through the inventory at that point, right?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Okay. Sigh... my dealer says that we can order another one using my same deposit but it'll take another 6 weeks. Why even order though? I might as well peruse through the inventory at that point, right?
Depends on whether you can find exactly the car you want. Go on ford's site and do an inventory search for your area. That will give you the VIN, and you can pull up the sticker to see exactly what's on that car. Sports just started arriving at dealerships about a week ago, so the selection is pretty minimal. Call before you drive any distance to see if the car is actually there -- and hasn't been sold already.

·
Registered
50 Posts
On etis.ford.com said:
I think maybe your dealer already had the magnetic on order for his stock. 6 weeks seems pretty fast to get especially when lead times are 10-12 weeks. I ordered mine the first week of June & it isn't shipping until end of August.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Look at the sticker for the blend date. If you haven't found the sticker, you can access it here. From that date it was not possible to change the order. Also you can see if it is exactly the car you ordered. If it was ordered for a specific customer it will say "SPECIAL ORDER" in big, bold letters, and the car will not appear in an inventory search on Ford's web site.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I ordered mine the first week of June & it isn't shipping until end of August.
Sounds incredibly pessimistic. Mine was ordered June 3rd, built June 24th, sat in Hermisillo for a couple of weeks (I think due to an LED headlight mounting fix), and the dealer tells me it is at a rail terminal south of Philadelphia now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds incredibly pessimistic. Mine was ordered June 3rd, built June 24th, sat in Hermisillo for a couple of weeks (I think due to an LED headlight mounting fix), and the dealer tells me it is at a rail terminal south of Philadelphia now.
That is great info for me to hear, though a little interesting/surprising. I ordered mine 5/19, it was built 6/19 (IIRC), held for shipping (same as everyone's) and as of late last week, it had not arrived in SE Michigan. The date quoted to my by the dealer, right off the Ford website that is giving your info I suspect, is the week of Aug 7th. Personally I expect it sooner, but haven't called my sales guy this week to ask - usually he checks periodically and calls me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I'd like to be surprised but ETIS still does not have a build date listed nor has a window sticker been generated. I got the estimated build date from the dealer. Maybe they are being built depending on what area of the country you are in? I noticed that there aren't any dealers nearby with any yet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well I'd like to be surprised but ETIS still does not have a build date listed nor has a window sticker been generated. I got the estimated build date from the dealer. Maybe they are being built depending on what area of the country you are in? I noticed that there aren't any dealers nearby with any yet.
Something seems odd here. I'm guessing that either the car wasn't really ordered until later than the dealer says or there's an error in the VIN, like the letter "O" in place of a zero.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Something seems odd here. I'm guessing that either the car wasn't really ordered until later than the dealer says or there's an error in the VIN, like the letter "O" in place of a zero.
Probably the special lighted door sill plates that I ordered that is taking so long.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I checked the VIN of my car I ordered back in June. Originally, we ordered Magnetic (my wife's choice. Misunderstanding, she thought it was hers.) with 401A. I changed the color to Ingot Silver (my choice) shortly after because the dealer told me that the car hadn't shipped yet.

I talked to my dealer about the mistake and they tried to woo me on the magnetic rather than wait another 6 weeks for what I really want.

I told him to let me know if any other sports are arriving with it. If not Silver, Im okay with White Platinum or Oxford. I LOVE the red, burgundy & lightning blue colors but I'm 24 and live in Louisiana where insurance is severely retarted. Besides, Silver just looks so right on these.

Anybody else having similar issues???
The last POSSIBLE day to make changes to an order is 10 days prior to the START of production. At that point the status becomes "locked in". Sometimes they get locked in earlier than that. Locked in means just that, no changes or cancellations after that date.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got it Tuesday. The color is okay. I did go to change my color within the 10 days after the initial order and they confirmed the changes. That was my only issue. No problem though, I don't hate magnetic. It's growing on me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got it Tuesday. The color is okay. I did go to change my color within the 10 days after the initial order and they confirmed the changes. That was my only issue. No problem though, I don't hate magnetic. It's growing on me.
It's not 10 days from the ordering date, it's 10 days from the production date. When you make a change the dealer doesn't get confirmation that the change was actually made until at least the next business day. That is for scheduled units. Unscheduled units are updated instantly. When you submit a change on a scheduled unit it always tells you "submitted pending plant approval."

I know this is an old thread, just putting the info out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts