Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this issue since I got the car, and just assumed it was 'normal'...

If, for example, I try to make a right turn at a stop light, I sometimes have a slight hesitation where the car doesn't seem like it want's to rev at all. Almost like it's in limp mode (or too high a gear) and just bogs.

After a second or so, it seems to come back to life and everything is fine. This NEVER happens in a straight line.... only when taking a turn. I assumed that it was maybe gas sloshing around in the tank and depriving it of fuel, thus cutting spark? I never had a CEL come on or anything, so I don't think it's 'bad'.... but after seeing some member autoxing their cars, I don't know if it's something everyone is experiencing since it would make AutoX very frustrating.

Unfortunately, it happens so sporadically that I haven't been able to pin down a cause. Anyone else noticed this behavior?

·
Registered
405 Posts
thats definitely not normal. My guess is one of the traction control sensors is fault, when you turn a car, the inside and outside wheels turn at different speeds. Wheels turning at difference speeds is one way the traction control determines where to send power and if the car is experiencing a traction issue. Id take it to the dealership, just because it appears random doesnt mean they cant test for it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That actually makes perfect sense! It feels EXACTLY like traction control is kicking in when it bogs down. Interestingly enough, I don't recall ever noticing the TC light come on when that happens, but that may not really mean anything.

I'll keep an eye on it next time it happens. I have to bring my car in for an oil change and service soon so I will surely mention it to the service department.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
how hard are you hitting the gas when you make those turns? Also, next time you do, look for that TC light. Sometimes you don't notice it right away.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Could be turbo lag, especially making the right at a full stop

Could also be traction control as others have said.

How much fuel do you have in your tank? and how warm is it where you live?

It's in the mid 90's here today in NY, and I can say turbo's don't like heat that much, lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
Something similar (i think) happened with me twice.

First time was a left turn at lights. Got stuck in the intersection on yellow and crept forward in preparation to go behind the car that was about to run the light. Full left lock, squeeze the gas and wait, wait, wait....go. figured old school turbo lag. Sort of felt like it.

Second time was on the weekend. 3 point turn. Again full left lock and wait....go. again figured turbo lag.

As they were full wheel lock it takes a bit more energy to get the wheels rolling. This is what i put it down to. I was thinking the lag was more noticable as the lag is typically non existent on our cars - certainly smaller than the transmission making it mind up to shift.

I hadnt gotten to panic stati9ns on it yet

·
Registered
100 Posts
That actually makes perfect sense! It feels EXACTLY like traction control is kicking in when it bogs down. Interestingly enough, I don't recall ever noticing the TC light come on when that happens, but that may not really mean anything.

I'll keep an eye on it next time it happens. I have to bring my car in for an oil change and service soon so I will surely mention it to the service department.
Go in your dashboard settings and turn off Traction Control, then drive around and see if it stops doing it or keeps going. That will let you know right away if it's traction control.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kdarbuckel 's idea of turing traction controll off is a great idea! Mine definatly will spin the tires and cut power if i gun it from a stop. Usually much more in sport more then regular but it happeneds. Do you knly knotice this from a dead stop? Or are you kinda rolling still? It also could be in 2cnd gear cause you arent stoping and that delay could be a downshift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts