Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like others, as noted by various comments, I'm confused by the multiple numbers being quoted, and the lack of information. Hence this specific thread.

The Ford brochure says 325 HP and 350 torque with 93 octane. Then we have heard 380 torque with presumably 93 octane but with power staying identical (unlikely when torque changes that much)). Nothing about 91 octane which is the best around where I am without driving a long way.

Anyone have contacts with Ford that can give more detailed information?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The brochure is old. The ford website has the 325 and 380 numbers with an asterisk that says with 93 gas. The 350 is an old number for the torque specs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've not found much difference between 87 and 93 in my Sport, which just hit 1,600 miles. If anything 87 delivers quicker, smoother and more precise acceleration. 93 seems to produce a deeper engine growl, however.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've not found much difference between 87 and 93 in my Sport, which just hit 1,600 miles. If anything 87 delivers quicker, smoother and more precise acceleration. 93 seems to produce a deeper engine growl, however.
Holy ****. Ok tomorrow I am doing a good long write up regarding the difference between octane ratings of fuel.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hands down there is a difference.... I ran my 14'FuSE on 87 up until the last 3 months... mainly because I got a raise at work and gas got cheap. That car became a different animal with just the suggested gas to meet the performance numbers.

I can almost guarantee if you take two identical FuSpo's with similar rider weights and fast tank levels, one with 87 and other with 93... 87 will under perform.

Jayson has a fantastic write up on this topic in another thread...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts