Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Who's had the " dreaded " battery issue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So because of the battery issue here I'd like to get an idea who has or hasn't had any issues. Simple pole, hope to help any new possible buyers with a good basis of info or at least numbers game of how many issues with the members on this forums.

·
Registered
246 Posts
considering how beaten to death the equipment VS dead battery topic is, I think this poll is more useful, especially since its pretty definitive that there is no correlation between the two.

A simple yes/no poll provides a quick % of dead batteries, out of those who respond of course... The other poll is just misdirection at this point, since it doesn't lead to any valuable conclusion.

Reactions: Donjohnk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll be perfectly honest. If I didn't have the battery problem, I probably wouldn't have ever noticed this forum (well, maybe eventually). I love the car, but wasn't into discussing it until my battery died. And I'm sure there are others like me. All I'm saying is that there may be a disproportionate number of people with the battery problem here because they found this site when they had the battery problem. That's 100% why I'm here....

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'll be perfectly honest. If I didn't have the battery problem, I probably wouldn't have ever noticed this forum (well, maybe eventually). I love the car, but wasn't into discussing it until my battery died. And I'm sure there are others like me. All I'm saying is that there may be a disproportionate number of people with the battery problem here because they found this site when they had the battery problem. That's 100% why I'm here....
This is likely true; most forums are going to over-represent people having issues with their vehicles. Plus, if you're not the type of person that reads every thread, you might skip over this sort of thing since it's just not on your radar. Given all that, surveys like this are still useful. I would not have predicted a near 50% (so far) tally for the battery problem, even taking into consideration that oversampling issue.

I have not experienced the battery problem; my car is loaded except for Nav. The battery thread was enough to keep me from leaving my car at the airport for a week recently though. I could just see the issue cropping up in the airport parking deck at 2am.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I wanted to make it clear with the yes or no, not how many times or how long it's in the shop @G82FS. The other post isn't clear or a direct answer to my question, and like I said will provide a better incite to this issue.

Thanks for the reply @your_cousin_vinny. Perfect response.
@vette68 I hope there's going to be more enthusiasts then those looking for answers for issues. I would like to see this community full of folks looking to make this car better then just a daily adult driven car.

I bought this car on the hopes that it would get some aftermarket help and make it a contender to the street/drag/track scene. I'd like to pick on those other AWD cars out there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have not experienced the battery problem; my car is loaded except for Nav. The battery thread was enough to keep me from leaving my car at the airport for a week recently though. I could just see the issue cropping up in the airport parking deck at 2am.
After reading about all of the problems with the battery, I'm actually kind of glad I had the issue and the dealer has already resolved it (fingers crossed!). Now I have much more confidence in the car, and wouldn't think twice about parking it. I can see for those that have not had the battery problem yet how you would be hesitant, and waiting for that shoe to drop.

@vette68 I hope there's going to be more enthusiasts then those looking for answers for issues. I would like to see this community full of folks looking to make this car better then just a daily adult driven car.
Yes, I will say that I originally found this forum when I had problems with my battery. And now that I've found it, I've stuck around and been more active than I would have been. I just sort of figured that this car being a sedan, that there wouldn't be as much of an enthusiast market as there apparently is. With my 2005 GTO that I traded in for FFS, I was on a couple forums regularly and had done a lot of suspension work on that car. Unfortunately, after spending thousands of dollars on springs, coilovers, bushings, etc.. that GTO wouldn't come close to the cornering ability on the FFS, which surprised the **** out of me. It's amazing what 12 years of technology can do for suspensions. And honestly, after all the work / money I put into the GTO, I'm quite happy to just drive the FFS for a while before I start tinkering with it. Lowering & stiff suspensions aren't what they used to be. Boy, I must be getting old!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So because of the battery issue here I'd like to get an idea who has or hasn't had any issues. Simple pole, hope to help any new possible buyers with a good basis of info or at least numbers game of how many issues with the members on this forums.
Yes, I have the battery issue. Multiple times to dealer. Once Battery replaced. They can not find a problem. Now carrying a jump pack in the car so I do not get stranded.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thankfully not. I'd have lawyered up if necessary and made them take this car back after like 3 dead batteries if it were happening to me. Travel a ton for work, and leave it at the airport for 5+ day stints all the time. Last thing I want is to get back from an exhausting trip to wait for a tow truck/jump start.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had mine since August 2nd, 2016....... fully loaded with ALL options......no battery issues. I think the battery issue is completely random.....either that or you guys are leaving something on to cause it..... Not blaming or pointing the finger, just being honest. Have to cover all possibilities.

I know some guys have said that the car randomly starts making noises after being off for a five minutes.....but that's ALL Fords now. My ST did the same thing.... I know for sure that one of the sounds is the vents closing in the dash. Don't know about the other clicks and whistles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts