Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
I've heard the OEM wheels are bananas right now. Good luck.

This wheel I don't think is shared by any other Ford model. We might want to start hoarding them.
Like Toilet Paper? 馃ぃ. You may be correct, but the imagery my mind creates...

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Like Toilet Paper? 馃ぃ. You may be correct, but the imagery my mind creates...
Way more valuable than toilet paper... They will eventually start making toilet paper again... Once OEM new old stock is gone that's it Ford will never start manufacturing parts again everything will be remanufactured or aftermarket replacement... And in the worst case scenario non-existent... My greatest fear because I really do love this car and it's the first car I've ever purchased new so I plan on keeping it forever... Or as long as I can keep getting sensors and computers and parts to keep it running... So have the option to become a billionaire and create an aftermarket for Ford fusion sport parts that is unprofitable and unsustainable but at least available... LMAO

Registered
Yes I purchased the rim from ford...keeping the receipt for records lol
Oooof. Man, I hope it's nice!

Somehow I bought my car and never noticed one side had hyper gray while the other had silver.... So I need to scoop up two hypers, and then release two silvers back into the wild!
Good luck on your road trip!

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Oooof. Man, I hope it's nice!

Somehow I bought my car and never noticed one side had hyper gray while the other had silver.... So I need to scoop up two hypers, and then release two silvers back into the wild!
Good luck on your road trip!
Our cars are sold with two different color options on wheels... Meaning you can order two different color wheels of our style from the Ford?????? I hope I ordered the right color lol

Registered
Our cars are sold with two different color options on wheels... Meaning you can order two different color wheels of our style from the Ford?????? I hope I ordered the right color lol
Hi Cobra. The color may have differed from model year to model year. However, if the Parts Department at your Dealership knows what they are doing, they should have asked for your VIN, which would be cross referenced to tell them what your vehicle came with from the factory and what to order for your particular vehicle.

Hope they go it right. Good luck.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Cobra. The color may have differed from model year to model year. However, if the Parts Department at your Dealership knows what they are doing, they should have asked for your VIN, which would be cross referenced to tell them what your vehicle came with from the factory and what to order for your particular vehicle.

Hope they go it right. Good luck.
But two different VIN numbers from two different model years with the same style wheel will have two different paint codes or paint colors? For such a short model run I am so surprised that there would be differentiations year to year on the paint. Definitely went by vin. Fingers crossed I'll definitely notice if there is a slight difference I have an eye for that. I appreciate the help and the input.

Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
Way more valuable than toilet paper... They will eventually start making toilet paper again... Once OEM new old stock is gone that's it Ford will never start manufacturing parts again everything will be remanufactured or aftermarket replacement... And in the worst case scenario non-existent... My greatest fear because I really do love this car and it's the first car I've ever purchased new so I plan on keeping it forever... Or as long as I can keep getting sensors and computers and parts to keep it running... So have the option to become a billionaire and create an aftermarket for Ford fusion sport parts that is unprofitable and unsustainable but at least available... LMAO
At least two colors. Silver and Hyper Grey
View attachment 27895
View attachment 27896
Took a while before I noticed it...
I have never seen the silver one (at least wasn't aware of it). Any particular year or trim level was it came on?

Registered
But two different VIN numbers from two different model years with the same style wheel will have two different paint codes or paint colors? For such a short model run I am so surprised that there would be differentiations year to year on the paint. Definitely went by vin. Fingers crossed I'll definitely notice if there is a slight difference I have an eye for that. I appreciate the help and the input.
Hi Cobra. Okay, you're killing me. I was trying to save myself the trouble of having to download the Dealer Order Guides from all 3 Fusion Sport years (2017-2019), but you forced me to do it anyway. :ROFLMAO:
I don't have a lot of years left, ya' know. ;)

Yes, it is possible for a wheel color change from model year to model year on any vehicle. Just like wheel styling changes, exterior color changes, or interior color changes, etc.

However, all I was doing in my previous reply was hypothesizing. Giving a possible explanation for two different color wheels (model year change).

However, the important part of my explanation was attempting to let us all know that the best way to avoid getting the wrong factory replacement wheel, grille, steering wheel etc. etc., is to make sure the Dealer, or whoever we are ordering parts from, always asks for and cross references our VIN, in order to ensure the correct parts are ordered for our particular model year/trim level/optioned vehicle.

So...back to the factory available Fusion Sport wheels for 2017-2019. As it turns out, they were the same for all three years: 19" Premium Dark Tarnish-painted Aluminum/19鈥 Premium Painted Tarnished Dark. Same color, just a slightly different description from one model year to the next.

Now, back to hypothesizing: I am not sure what silver wheels ZenFFS has on his Fusion Sport. It is possible the previous owner replaced two with wheels from an Edge or earlier model year Fusion that had the same style but different paint color (I don't know for sure). Or possibly the previous owner purchased two wheels that were refinished in silver (I don't know for sure). All I know for sure and can verify is that the 2017-2019 Fusion Sport only had one wheel color, the 19" Premium Dark Tarnish-painted Aluminum/19鈥 Premium Painted Tarnished Dark. And that is what your Dealer should have ordered for you if he cross referenced your VIN.

Hope this explanation helps and is not too confusing. Good luck. 馃

Registered
I'm assuming the first guy probably slid into something and messed up the rims only (I can't see any repair work elsewhere and the car has a clean history).
I always thought there were these two colors available (silver and hyper grey)?
Anyone else rocking silver colored stock rims?

Registered
I was going to suggest you rent a car for your road trip and use the money saved to buy parts that are realistically priced instead of getting gouged.

Reactions: Engineer

Registered
Regarding different colored wheels: my theory is it鈥檚 likely the original owner had some kind of issue with the wheels and it鈥檚 possible the dealer did him a 鈥渇avor鈥 by replacing them at low cost. I can speak from personal experience - after I gradually drifted my 鈥91 Super Coupe into a curbed
off-ramp at 60mph and it steadily ground the drivers side wheels (and ground effects) off the car, I found the 鈥渇actory wheels鈥 supplied by the dealership body shop and approved by my insurance company were noticeable when placed side-by-side as one shade darker than the original wheels. I accepted it because I would have had to pay the difference for true OEM wheels, and they were directional so they were dedicated to one side and were never seen next to the original issue wheels. I spoke to a Ford company exec, two engineers at Keystone, and a district manager at LKQ and they all said the same thing in a different way; Tier 2 suppliers who provide many parts to the collision repair industry on behalf of the manufacturers, don鈥檛 always get things 100% correct on replacement parts. 鈥淲ill fit鈥, 鈥淥EM equivalent鈥, 鈥渇actory style鈥 are common descriptions. When one considers the potential variations in paint mixtures and take into account OEM production campaigns consume massive amounts of raw materials, its little wonder that replacement parts could be slightly different.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Regarding different colored wheels: my theory is it鈥檚 likely the original owner had some kind of issue with the wheels and it鈥檚 possible the dealer did him a 鈥渇avor鈥 by replacing them at low cost. I can speak from personal experience - after I gradually drifted my 鈥91 Super Coupe into a curbed
off-ramp at 60mph and it steadily ground the drivers side wheels (and ground effects) off the car, I found the 鈥渇actory wheels鈥 supplied by the dealership body shop and approved by my insurance company were noticeable when placed side-by-side as one shade darker than the original wheels. I accepted it because I would have had to pay the difference for true OEM wheels, and they were directional so they were dedicated to one side and were never seen next to the original issue wheels. I spoke to a Ford company exec, two engineers at Keystone, and a district manager at LKQ and they all said the same thing in a different way; Tier 2 suppliers who provide many parts to the collision repair industry on behalf of the manufacturers, don鈥檛 always get things 100% correct on replacement parts. 鈥淲ill fit鈥, 鈥淥EM equivalent鈥, 鈥渇actory style鈥 are common descriptions. When one considers the potential variations in paint mixtures and take into account OEM production campaigns consume massive amounts of raw materials, its little wonder that replacement parts could be slightly different.
The reason I'm and letting ford gouge me on the wheel... I'm crazy when it comes to OEM... Even if it doesn't really make sense... I hate rental cars, I have stop and go cruise and the price point for a rental with that level of options for a week to new York and back 1000+ miles is too high... Thanks for the suggestion though

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
I was going to suggest you rent a car for your road trip and use the money saved to buy parts that are realistically priced instead of getting gouged.
Responded about the rental car in the above comment... Thanks for the suggestion though

Registered
Responded about the rental car in the above comment... Thanks for the suggestion though
I鈥檓 right there with you on OEM parts. Wishing you safe travels!

Reactions: Cobra427

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
Would love to have carbon revolution make me a set of rims... Losing almost 80 lb of unsprung weight from the car would be an interesting proposition... Extremely curious on what a difference it would make for breaking acceleration and handling... Most cars don't have an opportunity to lose that much weight from a stock wheel ours are pretty heavy and with our torque numbers I am curious to how that would all translate... Might be a huge waste of money or the best dollar to performance ratio you could manage... Who knows

Registered
Just this Tuesday I had new Bridgestone RE71R tires mounted on my 18鈥 now-ex-winter rims because the rims are 9lbs. each lighter than stock. The tires are surprisingly the same weight as my current 19鈥 Continental Extremes at 24lbs each. I鈥檒l see what benefit it gets in May when I start racing again.

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Just this Tuesday I had new Bridgestone RE71R tires mounted on my 18鈥 now-ex-winter rims because the rims are 9lbs. each lighter than stock. The tires are surprisingly the same weight as my current 19鈥 Continental Extremes at 24lbs each. I鈥檒l see what benefit it gets in May when I start racing again.
I think it might be noticeable... But I'm wondering how noticeable it would really be with 13 lb rims at each corner... Cutting 20lbs of each corner... I'm wondering whether the difference would be drastic or whether the difference would not be significant in comparison with your wheels... Whether that extra 10 lb really makes that big of a difference to warrant the huge price tag

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
Well good news and bad new... My rim came in today... brought it outside and went to check the finish against the other wheels... This moron didn't realize that the finish on my other wheels that have 90,000 mi on them might be a slightly lighter color than a fresh wheel that hasn't been beaten with sand and road debris for 3 years... My original thought was to slowly purchase fresh wheels over the course of six to eight months until they were all new... Did the math and I am not going to be going that route... Instead I will drive on this one beautiful new wheel and the three janky ones I have had since the car was new... Before I put on my next set of tires ( next two to three months) I am just going to buy one of the two sets of OZ rims tire rack as for sale for our car in white... The superleggera's are really light but I really like the rally look ones with the red OZ racing lettering on them... I have a ruby red fusion sport I think that the white contrasts really well with I did one of those spray Plasti dip jobs on one of the rims once and the white looks really good with the red...
l

21 - 40 of 44 Posts