Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bent wheel and have a road trip in a week... Does anyone have a stock 19" they took off when they got their car to put on aftermarket wheels... Looking for basically brand new if possible... I appreciate everyone's help

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a bent wheel and have a road trip in a week... Does anyone have a stock 19" they took off when they got their car to put on aftermarket wheels... Looking for basically brand new if possible... I appreciate everyone's help
Hi Cobra. Have you checked to see if the bent wheel can be straightened?

See my first post here: Straighten and repair bent/damaged wheels.

If you Google "Automotive wheel repair in my area" , you should be able to find a shop or mobile tech who straightens wheels. It is a while you wait job, similar to an oil change and tire rotation, as far as time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think there was just recently a person in the "For sale" section of the forum selling the stock rims? check if they still have them

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
230 Posts
I think there was just recently a person in the "For sale" section of the forum selling the stock rims? check if they still have them
I've heard the OEM wheels are bananas right now. Good luck.

This wheel I don't think is shared by any other Ford model. We might want to start hoarding them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard the OEM wheels are bananas right now. Good luck.

This wheel I don't think is shared by any other Ford model. We might want to start hoarding them.
When I called Ford they said they wanted $1600 for 1 wheel with a $50 core charge! I was like keep the $50 core charge I am not giving you a $1,600 wheel for $50 core charge.. lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Cobra. Have you checked to see if the bent wheel can be straightened?

See my first post here: Straighten and repair bent/damaged wheels.

If you Google "Automotive wheel repair in my area" , you should be able to find a shop or mobile tech who straightens wheels. It is a while you wait job, similar to an oil change and tire rotation, as far as time.

Good luck.
The band is too prominent on the outside of the wheel they said with the type of bend I have that there could be a crack and if not bending it back could most likely cause a crack... They said I would have to pay for the repair despite whether it worked... I figured that even though the cost is astronomical I would rather replace it with a fresh wheel for the next hit that that wheel takes... Because we all know it'll happen again

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
The band is too prominent on the outside of the wheel they said with the type of bend I have that there could be a crack and if not bending it back could most likely cause a crack... They said I would have to pay for the repair despite whether it worked... I figured that even though the cost is astronomical I would rather replace it with a fresh wheel for the next hit that that wheel takes... Because we all know it'll happen again
Have you asked on FB?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate everybody's help... I really do need the wheel for the thousand mile round trip to New York and back... So I pulled the trigger, or more aptly I let Ford put a gun to my head and pull the trigger on a $1600 new wheel!! lord help me I should have just gotten custom-made HRE wheels for a few hundred more a wheel... Anyway I'm going to keep my busted wheel and they can keep their $50 core charge... I would appreciate if anyone has a line on absolutely perfect stock wheels that were removed when the car was new so that somebody could put aftermarket wheels on... I'd be interested in buying a set of four to have for the future... Everyone's going to say no low ballers I know what I have and try to charge $5,000 for the set.... I'm dieing laughing right now... Never selling my fusion sport might be a cult classic one day at the very least I love it trying to keep mine as mint as possible

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wait, did you check Ebay? I've seen a couple (I personally need two hyper grays), but there's at least one on there for $500'ish. Not sure how fast the shipping would be:
Ford Fusion 2017 2018 2019 19" OEM Wheel Rim Hyper HS7Z1007F 10123 | eBay

Or this one:

19" FORD FUSION WHEEL RIM FACTORY OEM 10123 2017-2019 HYPER GREY | eBay
(I think the above link/seller has had a good mention on this site once or twice)

but I would think you'd have it by next week. I'd cancel the ford one with the quickness. (Unless I've totally missed something here).
Get'm if you need them. I have a mismatched set that's driving me nuts at the moment. I've just had more pressing matters to blow money on :)

Edit,,, this one,, looks nice:
10123 Reconditioned OEM Aluminum Wheel 19x8 Fits 2017-2019 Ford Fusion | eBay

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi Cobra. Yes, all the wheel repair companies/shops I dealt with stated if the wheel is bent on the outside/visible part of the wheel and wheel lip, they are generally much more difficult to repair, or even non-repairable. Luckily, mine was bent only on the inside/suspension edge.

Sorry that could not work out and save you a bunch of dollars.

Good luck.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Cobra. Yes, all the wheel repair companies/shops I dealt with stated if the wheel is bent on the outside/visible part of the wheel and wheel lip, they are generally much more difficult to repair, or even non-repairable. Luckily, mine was bent only on the inside/suspension edge.

Sorry that could not work out and save you a bunch of dollars.

Good luck.
I appreciate the effort and the point in the right direction... That's why the community has always been such a great place to come... Everyone's been a great helping hand
Let's all hold on to our sports and have reunions 20 years from now while everyone drools at our petrol driven turbocharged oddities

·
Registered
563 Posts
Cobra, another option is Detroit Wheel & Tire. They deal in only OEM Stock Wheels. They can also do repairs.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I have one in my garage that I have not seen in a year lol I will check and let you know if it is in good condition

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I Appreciate all the support and help... Not looking for remanufactured... Original finish 100% in need on NO repair or touch up... Will be buying more wheels... Looking to have at least 4 backups... At this price I'm afraid with the future will hold for looking for new old stock factory wheels... And all parts really... Going to be making a weekly trip to ford to purchase replacement factory parts for our fusion... Things that will be hard to find eventually (that would be all parts lol)... but especially where parts like interior plastic panels... New trunk carpeting insert... Factory seat coverings... Even exterior body panels like front bumper cover and rear bumper cover that are specific to our vehicles... was thinking about going on coparts and buying one of the mostly intact fusion sports as a future donor car for whatever parts I might need but in reality I would like for the foreseeable future possibly even up to 40 years down the road have factory new old stock parts... I am a little very crazy... But it gives me a piece of mind... Isn't that what money is for

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I Appreciate all the support and help... Not looking for remanufactured... Original finish 100% in need on NO repair or touch up... Will be buying more wheels... Looking to have at least 4 backups... At this price I'm afraid with the future will hold for looking for new old stock factory wheels... And all parts really... Going to be making a weekly trip to ford to purchase replacement factory parts for our fusion... Things that will be hard to find eventually (that would be all parts lol)... but especially where parts like interior plastic panels... New trunk carpeting insert... Factory seat coverings... Even exterior body panels like front bumper cover and rear bumper cover that are specific to our vehicles... was thinking about going on coparts and buying one of the mostly intact fusion sports as a future donor car for whatever parts I might need but in reality I would like for the foreseeable future possibly even up to 40 years down the road have factory new old stock parts... I am a little very crazy... But it gives me a piece of mind... Isn't that what money is for
Exactly. There may come a time where we as a forum need to start snapping up these limited parts to attempt to make sure FuSpo owners can get them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts