Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Which wheels to chose (BLACK)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Pick the one that appeals to you the most . Our opinions mean nothing .

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
332 Posts
What are the load ratings on each? Anything less than 1600 lbs per wheel is a questionable choice given the weight of our cars.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are the load ratings on each? Anything less than 1600 lbs per wheel is a questionable choice given the weight of our cars.
Hi, thx for pointng out, however can we double confirm pleas? Is it somwhere written in the manual?

I found this information on forum:
Please do not order the rims if anyone wants to buy the same rims. Our German TÜV has not approved the rims, they have a load limit of 620 kg per wheel, but the Ford Fusion Sport requires a different rim for an axle load of 1259 kg, as stated in the papers. So I'm swapping for Motec rims, which have a load limit of 650 kg per wheel. That is enough for a test and approval by the German TÜV
So it seems that 1444lbs should be fine for 1 wheel. I will try to look to the manual either

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
332 Posts
Wheel load ratings are determined by dividing the vehicles heaviest gross axle weight rating by 2.

For my 2019 Sport the front GAWR is 2775lbs (you can find that on your door sticker). Divide that by 2 and you get 1387lbs. That's the MINIMIUM wheel load rating you should be putting on the vehicle. Now if you're tracking the car, or doing anything other than normal day to day driving, you're putting far more pressure on the wheels, let’s just say it's 20% more. 20% more of 1387lbs would put you at 1664lbs.

IMHO: Any wheel under 1600lbs load rating may not be suitable for any use except for day to day driving.

Reactions: Wojtas and 65dustin

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wheel load ratings are determined by dividing the vehicles heaviest gross axle weight rating by 2.

For my 2019 Sport the front GAWR is 2775lbs (you can find that on your door sticker). Divide that by 2 and you get 1387lbs. That's the MINIMIUM wheel load rating you should be putting on the vehicle. Now if you're tracking the car, or doing anything other than normal day to day driving, you're putting far more pressure on the wheels, let’s just say it's 20% more. 20% more of 1387lbs would put you at 1664lbs.

IMHO: Any wheel under 1600lbs load rating may not be suitable for any use except for day to day driving.
Hi,

many thanks! It is always good to have you all as a "book of knowledge" before doing something not smart! Really appreciate it!

In my case:
Wheel load rating: 2275 LB / 630kg as a minimum

SL01: Load rating 690kg
FLOW FORMING
Weight about 9kg/20 lbs

JR30:
Load rating 735kg
Weight about 11kg/24,4 lbs

Font Rectangle Parallel Art Writing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts