Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked up the fuse (25/26) and was going to pull it in an attempt to disable stability control but it also goes to the start/stop for the power control module, so no luck. I didn't have much room but attempted to overcome adversity with speed but my foot pushing through the firewall could only do so much with the nannies on. Plus even though I was in sport mode and shifted into 1st, it kept shifting into 2nd and even 3rd a time or two.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah...I wish turning off traction control actually did what it says. I had the same problems when trying to get sideways. Dang nannies.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Makes me miss my 91 Mustangs pedal induced rear wheel steering. The nannies are nice but I wish we had a true defeat mode, even if they placed it behind an acknowledge screen every time.

Reactions: 1153 and ike

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm lost. What are you calling nannies

·
Registered
45 Posts
I heard pulling the ABS Pump fuse works in the 1.5gen fusions. Something worth looking into?

It's in the fuse box under the hood, I still haven't got around to playing with it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The main detractor is the yaw control that limits having some fun in the slippery stuff. I am fine with the nannies for daily driving, but would like the ability to purposefully remove them once in awhile when I feel in a sporting mood.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Where even switching off the traction control doesn't fully defeat it. It still kicks in if you get "too wiley".

I heard pulling the ABS Pump fuse works in the 1.5gen fusions. Something worth looking into?

It's in the fuse box under the hood, I still haven't got around to playing with it.
Anyone have a diagram? Or picture? I'd do a test run if I knew where I was yanking.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I got to play a tiny bit the other day, and I was going to go home to grab my camera but decided I was too lazy. I was in a BIG empty parking lot of the nearby baseball stadium so I had plenty of room. I had no problem at all holding a near 45 degree drift around the entire lot. It seems like as long as you are on the throttle, the nannies leave you alone, but as soon as you let off, they try to self correct. My car at least seems to know when I'm sideways on purpose and doesn't butt in on my fun. Not sure why others seem to be having different experiences. I think it also has to be very slick, because any time I hit a little bit of a dry patch, it didn't like it. I couldn't tell if that was just the tires hopping or if it was the nannies kicking in.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I got to play a tiny bit the other day, and I was going to go home to grab my camera but decided I was too lazy. I was in a BIG empty parking lot of the nearby baseball stadium so I had plenty of room. I had no problem at all holding a near 45 degree drift around the entire lot. It seems like as long as you are on the throttle, the nannies leave you alone, but as soon as you let off, they try to self correct. My car at least seems to know when I'm sideways on purpose and doesn't butt in on my fun. Not sure why others seem to be having different experiences. I think it also has to be very slick, because any time I hit a little bit of a dry patch, it didn't like it. I couldn't tell if that was just the tires hopping or if it was the nannies kicking in.
I think its exactly like you say. If you lay off the throttle any amount, they kick in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking at your owners manual I found the ABS pump fuse. It's in the distributor box under the hood.

I'm not 100% sure if it works as I haven't even tried it on my 2011 Sport but it sounds like guys have pulled this fuse and have had their AWD still work but ALL driver assists turned off (TCS, Stability and ABS). So it's in full hero mode lol.

It's #87

Located here:

I'll be pulling mine in the next day or so.. I'll have updates as soon as I figure out if it works!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry I'm super late with this, all the snow melted and I got caught up with things. I finally got to my ABS Pump fuse. Rumour has it if I pull the fuse it will give me AWD with no nannies, no TCS, Stability or ABS.

Well I pulled it and I got to my first brake application on the driveway and put it back in. Had all kinds of warning lights etc (no surprise) but the brakes were very sluggish/ sloppy. Didn't want to drive on the roads with inadequate brakes.

I was in some 1-1.5ft deep snow the other day so the braking issue might be due to snow pack in around the brakes themselves.

I'll give it another shot in a few days to see if there is any change. But seems like if you want your brakes to work properly, leave it in.

·
Registered
481 Posts
love the vid!

Reactions: BlackBetty
1 - 15 of 15 Posts