1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you are part of the FB group 'Ford Fusion Enthusiasts", there is a good review on there. Based on his review, you lose capability of your heated seats. That is a deal breaker for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
That link goes to tire specs? Wrong link?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are part of the FB group 'Ford Fusion Enthusiasts", there is a good review on there. Based on his review, you lose capability of your heated seats. That is a deal breaker for me.
Yeah, I don't do Facebook. It is good to hear there are good reviews. But, if you loose heated/cooled seats, then I am out, too.

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
Looks fairly similar to the ones you can get off eBay & aliexpress. From what others on 2GFusions have said, they're good at first but they either slow down or become just tiring or frustrating to use and most people end up going back to factory. I have no personal experience with them, that's just the "general consensus" I've read over there. A few seem perfectly happy with them tho.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The screen space is cool, so that's a plus. Of course it's going to invalidate your warranty on anything Sync-related obviously. Six cores so it's a decently strong Cpu in this one. My guess would be that it's an Android tablet. Like @DaMiFo said though, I could see it getting slow after a while.

That's not why I wouldn't get it though. My thing is I like the hard controls. When I want to use my heated and cooled seats I want a real button. It's easier to use when I'm driving, by feel instead of looking at a touch screen. That's one thing I really don't like about the Teslas either. Just one big touch screen and no buttons so you have to take your eyes off the road. In our cars it annoys me that the heated steering wheel button is just on the touch screen. But at least there are real controls for everything else.

Still, if you're not bothered by that it could be a cool project. Certainly would open up some neat possibilities.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ya I like pressing buttons😏
At one point I had used Forscan to enable the heated/cooled-seat on-screen "buttons" on my Sync 3 system, but I turned that back off because:

1. I was always using the buttons anyway, and
2. I found it harder, while driving, to see the heated steering wheel button when the four seat "buttons" (heated/cooled for driver/passenger) were added to the screen

I'm strange about stuff like that though. I actually like the interface on the older Sync 3 that came with our cars, versus the interface on the Sync 3.4, also. The differences are subtle, but like the Presets button is gone and you swipe left/right on the shortcuts at the bottom, instead, on 3.4. There are a few other changes like that. I'll be fine with it if/when they do upgrade the earlier-2018's and 2017s to 3.4, especially because it's supposedly a little faster maybe, and the differences aren't huge, but I did like the older design just a little better, personally. I'd still rather upgrade than not, if the option becomes available, just because that's how I am about that stuff. But I'm just saying I know I'm a little odd about my interface choices sometimes. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts