Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see if anyone has painted their break calibers on the Sport. I'm trying to figure out if I want to do red or blue (to match the RS line)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm planning to paint my calipers before too long. I'm planning to use the G2 paint, since it worked very well on a previous vehicle I owned, but I'm torn between red and black. When I think of performance brakes, I think red calipers generally, but I'm concerned that it's going to be a little too much and may clash. I'm likely going to go with black, since it's a safe choice and complements a variety of colors, but I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
A few members have painted them. I know Matt went with red on his black FS and another member did blue on his magnetic gray FS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
MGP makes great caliper covers but they don't have one to fit the sport model because of the larger front brakes. These covers are first class,come in many different colors with and without logos and are very simple to install. I had them on my Kia Optima SX and they looked great. I called MGP and a tech stated that they were looking into covers for the sport and they would get back to me if they were going to make them. They cover all the other Fusion models but the front calipers on the sport model are very close to the wheels and this is what the problem is. I will post up if he calls back to say they are going to make them.

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
Here is another option for basic colors.

POR-15® Caliper Painting Kit

I use their Engine Paint Kits and rust preventive coating paint and it's been great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Painted Calipers

I hand painted the calipers on my 06 Mustang GT during a tire rotation. Used Dupli-color Kit, it came with cleaning solution and a couple brushes. Not a great job, but certainly worth it. The paint did get nicked up a bit over time. I looked, and I can't find a picture of the calipers after the paint job. I went with the paint kit because I wanted bright yellow on a black car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm driving a Blue Lightning not sure what color to do the brakes, blue, red yellow?
Any suggestions? What adds more HP? 😜

·
Registered
587 Posts
For reference I ended up painting my calipers silver, wanting to keep the stock look.
After a winter season in the north they were rusted pretty bad.
Cleaned them up and applied 2 coats of POR 15 silver caliper paint, it started out really bright and metallic looking but
after 6 months it's flattened out.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I will be painting mine this summer. Not sure of what color yet. White, blue, or red. On my ST I used Duplicolor Blue as I was going for a NB theme from the RS, loved that color. However, I think I might do white on mine or red. It's been a long time since I've had red ones, and the black wheels will help it pop.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I did mine in "Ford Blue" :D

Sorry only pic im finding rn

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
I also plan on painting mine this spring when I do my tire change over. Using a good caliper paint how long are you allowing to dry fully ? Multiple coats ?

I think I'll go with a gloss black since everything on my car is either white or black. Not sure how white would look and it probably would show too much dirt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts