247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm diggin it with the shark fin haha
20200716_200232.jpg
20200716_200259.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Very nice. I've got the quarter panel louvers and been looking for the rear. Few places I found were sold out. Whats the vision out the rear mirror like?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was the Danti louvers, visibility is barely hindered at all I'll take a pic from the rear view tomorrow. Since the slats are lined up with the head height you see right through them.

Reactions: Fozzy and Engineer

·
Registered
150 Posts
@VelocityBrew how do you adhere those? Just some double-sided tape I imagine? I'm guessing it's similar to how the rain shields some folks have on the side windows stay on. I think these might stay on better though because of both the surface area and the positioning.

I like that you can see out but maybe it reduces visibility in a little from the back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its all one piece with dbl sided around the whole outside. And yeah not only can you not see in the back from the outside, it also keeps 90% of the sun out so the backseat seems to stay a bit cooler

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, I'm with WhiteGhost on this one. Wish they had some kind of hinge system so that you could raise it up to clean the window. But, I like the way it looks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah, I'm with WhiteGhost on this one. Wish they had some kind of hinge system so that you could raise it up to clean the window. But, I like the way it looks!
Hi gang. Was going to echo what maydk stated. Without some way to easily lift them up, those louvers are going to result in a very dirty window over a short period of time. And there will be no way to clean the window without pulling up the louvers, damaging the double sided tape and possibly even the louvers.

My 1982 Mustang GT had factory rear window louvers. They were hinged at the top and even had a small prop rod, so you could pick them up to clean the rear window.

Just something to keep in mind before you buy and install them. Better to think about it before the first time you go to clean your rear window and think to your self..."Oh...sh--". :oops:

Good luck.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi gang. Was going to echo what maydk stated. Without some way to easily lift them up, those louvers are going to result in a very dirty window over a short period of time. And there will be no way to clean the window without pulling up the louvers, damaging the double sided tape and possibly even the louvers.

My 1982 Mustang GT had factory rear window louvers. They were hinged at the top and even had a small prop rod, so you could pick them up to clean the rear window.

Just something to keep in mind before you buy and install them. Better to think about it before the first time you go to clean your rear window and think to your self..."Oh...sh--". :oops:

Good luck.
This is why I have not considered them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've delt with Amazon sellers and eBay stuff in the past and will never return as they are not worthy products for my car.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That rear deck has a few cheeky mods with the Mondeo Vignale badges and louvers but it’s the “extinct” license plate that I dig the most!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts