Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I’ve beat them in brackets twice, both times because they don’t expect me to disappear so fast and either red light or breakout trying to catch me. They see my dial in but they also see a Ford Fusion so there’s a cognitive dissonance that flusters their minds. Those bigger turbos really build power past mid track and once it shifts into fifth gear, it’s like a runaway freight train. Even a Hellcat has to keep it pinned to overtake and pass me and by that point the less experienced racers have forgotten all about their dial in.

Reactions: Engineer and Flew

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ive not tried bracket racing. I would love to see the Mopar Guy say WTF!

·
Registered
246 Posts
First one was back before my bigger turbos and I was still in the 13’s, just flirting with 12’s...the guy was a great sport about it.

We were lined up in staging and there were two Hellcats and a SRT8 Charger ahead of him so I tried to talk him into jumping ahead of me so he could match up with them. He’s like “nah, I’m good here” and I’m thinking I’m going home early. He’s dialed 10.80 and I’m 12.95...

I couldn’t see he red lighted so I’m flat out and watching him growing in the mirror. I’m going 105 when he passes me like I’m parked! I made the first turn out so I got my slip before him. Girl says “today’s your lucky day” and that’s when I see he red lighted! He caught me in the pits and was laughing about it. He says “I thought no problem, it’s a four cylinder, then I saw you leave and I panicked!”

Reactions: Engineer and Flew

·
Registered
246 Posts
My apologies for highjacking this thread.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hellcats...Pray they red light!

Attachments

Reactions: Fozzy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine are still in the boxes waiting on me, LOl. Hope to have those and the I/C in next month.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Reading this post made me just go out and buy a set of the mkz turbos yesterday I cant wait for the next track day , anyone have a list of gaskets needed for turbo replacement

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
thank you sir

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
not sure what year/how many miles are on your car but I reused everything. I would of replaced it but everything literally looked brand new.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I just hit 23k miles on my 18 figured it was cheap insurance to change the o rings and nuts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I should of taken some pics of the orings they looked like they just came out of a bag, same with the manifold gaskets, wasn't a spot on them and looked like they were never used. I took some comparison shots of the 2 turbos though and its kind of hard to tell in pics but in person its pretty noticeable of the size difference of the impeller, its funny because it's not like the mkz impeller is huge, but side by side it makes the fusion impeller look tiny. Lol ill upload em in a sec

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I tossed a cardboard spark plug protector on the impeller to try to show the contrast

20200917_234732.jpg
20200917_234702.jpg
20200917_183408.jpg
20200917_183400.jpg

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Also, I got sidelined finishing up tonight, have all my bolts and nuts in baggies and one of the t45 torx walked away on me. I had it when I started the rear turbo as I checked the baggie real quick and did a quick check of the 3 turbo manifold and 2 turbo exhaust and 4 torx bolts before i started. Got to the third torx and the fourth mysteriously disappeared :/ Looked for it for an hour. Then beat an extendable magnet against the wall till it broke and called it a night. (It made me feel better, :D)

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
lol sounds right

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Did we ever get a before after dyno on these things? Really curious how much they really get you.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
The only info I have found was off twin force fusions dyno sheet between 53 to 70 hp gain over stock turbos at the peak 6000 rpms

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah he had a vid detailing his before/after dyno and saw 70 at peak.

Btw the coolant line inbetween the rear turbo and the engine I had to remove a small plastic guard/shield from the passenger side wheel well in order to get the bolt on it, I removed the heat shield too but it wasn't needed I thought i needed it out of the way to get both hands in there to hold the turbo and get the line in there but i didn't need to

21 - 38 of 38 Posts