Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is one of the reasons frequent short trips are hard on engines. Its interesting to see some actual numbers though, never realized the combusion process generated quite that much water even if most of it is going out the tailpipe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
One reason we run catch cans, you catch a lot of water and acid in them between oil changes. Mine is on the small side at 300 ml, I,ve had it just about full on my 13 2.0 when it was time for a oil change. The Sport seems to do a little better, but it's also got a lot less miles on it though the 13 runs really good and never uses a drop of oil between changes. Talk about short trips, I,m 2.3 miles one way from work so warming it up in the morning is a must most mornings, LOL

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
316 Posts
Has anyone had success putting an engine oil temp and/or pressure sensor on a Sport?
I’ve though about trying to install a sensor in the oil filter cover. So, if it doesn’t work or I mess it up all I have to replace is the cover.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just have to be careful where you drill the hole for it, we always put the temp sensors in the pan, but being they used a plastic one on the 2.7, not sure. One thing would be to get a hold of the oil filter housing, then you could look at how it flows and go from there. I,ve got a very burnt 19 2.7 at work I might be able to get the housing off later if they decided to pitch the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts