Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for an optima battery for the sport because I will have a sub and amp... had a yellow top in my maxima and it was a huge diff... do you guys think I will need one and if so there is not one available as far as I can find for our cars so any ideas of making one fit or does that sound like a bad idea ?

·
Registered
320 Posts
The battery tray is much larger than the factory installed battery, though you will have to find a way to modify the hold down to accommodate what you buy. The stock battery is weak and might not tolerate the draws from a large stereo system well. You could always add a large capacity battery in the truck, where the majority of your draw will be and link it to the main battery with a reasonable gauge wire and fuse set.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I looked for a while and the smallest Optima is larger than what's in there. The only way to figure it out is get on and test. But the shortest Optima will barely fit under the cowl.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to figure something out... I know it is not necessary but it can imagine that the lights will dim when the base hits...
if anyone knows of any battery upgrade please let me know

·
Registered
736 Posts
I've always run Optimas. Doesn't look very good for the Sport.....

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You don't have your car yet and your looking for a battery? Put a capacitor in it and call it a day! When you get your car that is.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't have your car yet and your looking for a battery? Put a capacitor in it and call it a day! When you get your car that is.
ordered over three weeks ago and I would much rather do a battery than a capacitor... all I have read is that the battery isn't great... want everything sorted before the car comes so I'm not piecing things together I can have everything done the week I get it...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just saying the reasoning with a capacitor is the draw from the alternator to your amp is the only reason why you think you need a battery. The capacitor helps steady the draw and cause less stress on the battery and alternator. Battery issues with this car are select issues aren't just because of the battery. I've not had any issues.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Are you running one now on your fusion?!?
No, my stock is still good. I've taken measurements, don't recall at this point, but the smallest height wise will barely clear the cowl with the battery posts and terminals.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, my stock is still good. I've taken measurements, don't recall at this point, but the smallest height wise will barely clear the cowl with the battery posts and terminals.
Do you have any aftermarket pull off the battery? (Sub)

·
Registered
736 Posts
No. Might add an under seat sub at some point but that's it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Just want a little more rumble.

Reactions: Cobra427
1 - 15 of 15 Posts