Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been considering buying a new Fusion Sport ever since I stumbled across the model on Ford's website a few months ago. I found this forum through google, and you all have answered a lot of the initial questions that I was unable to get from the dealer.

With that said, I am finally ready to pull the trigger on my factory order. I've been speaking to 2 dealers in my area both with mixed results. Overall my experience gathering information and negotiating a price for this car has been pretty negative. Which is how I ended up here. The deal I'm being offered is $36,400 for a White Tri-coat metallic with the 401A package, Driver's assist, and the heated/cooled seats. This is Just the price for the car not including any incentives, rebates or the tax and tag fees.

MSRP right from Ford's website is $39,085. An almost 7% reduction does seem like a pretty good deal, but after feeling jerked around in the beginning I'm wondering if I could do better.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Best Internet deal I could find in a 2-3hr radius from me was a little over $3k off sticker. At the time there was an additional $2k in incentives from Ford, but decided to lease so only got $1250. Your discount isn't too bad at $2600. I was surprised they were willing to knock that much off of a new model, new trim level, only out for a couple months vehicle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Look around and see if you know someone who can get you A plan. When I bought mine, ford was offering a 1500 rebate, the dealership was offering a 1750 rebate because I was going from a Jeep to a Ford. Then I had Z plan from my family, so I got like 6 grand off the MSRP of mine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Niece/nephew, aunt/uncle, mom/dad, grandparents, brother/sister... and I'm not sure how deep it goes.

There is also a friends/supplier plan as well, that gives you some money off... not as good as A/Z.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody, good information. I'll ask around about the A/Z plan. I may not have it available, but if not it seems like I got a fair shake at 36.4.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thanks everybody, good information. I'll ask around about the A/Z plan. I may not have it available, but if not it seems like I got a fair shake at 36.4.
Do you know ANYONE that works at Ford? They should at least be able to get you a Friends/Supplier discount, which can be stacked onto incentives and what they've already agreed to.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I just signed the paperwork on mine, Ruby Red, 401a and cooled seats, for 33,000 including rebates, basically 34,000 without rebates cause I only got 1K. MSRP is a little over 37K. SO the reality is, that is not a bad deal. Its not the greatest, but its not terrible either. Where do you live?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a good amount of competition where I live (easily 15 sports in the metro area), but not a single one with all the trim levels I wanted. The one I bought was the second color option I preferred. That said: MSRP 39,465; Purchase price $36,000 before incentives.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just signed the paperwork on mine, Ruby Red, 401a and cooled seats, for 33,000 including rebates, basically 34,000 without rebates cause I only got 1K. MSRP is a little over 37K. SO the reality is, that is not a bad deal. Its not the greatest, but its not terrible either. Where do you live?
Basically my car, except I also got a moonroof (didn't want it, but didn't have to order it to get it). Paid $33,650 out the door with 1.9% APR for 72 months. Had to drive 3 hours to get it, and I thought it was a very good deal overall.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Basically my car, except I also got a moonroof (didn't want it, but didn't have to order it to get it). Paid $33,650 out the door with 1.9% APR for 72 months. Had to drive 3 hours to get it, and I thought it was a very good deal overall.
I could have gotten a little more off of mine if I went with the same financing. But I got 0% for 60 months instead. So we got pretty similar overall deals.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very silimar, within a few hundred bucks, to the deal I just made as well for 401a and cooled seats, except I got 0% for 60. Seemed like it was pretty fair for my area considering the rarity around here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in southern New Jersey, so there is a fair amount of competition with something like 9 dealerships in a 30 mile radius.

The dealer came back and actually raised his price from the original $36400 to $37,341 before rebates, I'm currently eligible for $2000 in my area. The excuse being that the original number was a guesstimate where the second was precise after building the car in their configuration tool. I was on the fence at $36,400 so after the increase I'm backing out of that "deal".

Following the advice of some of you, I reached out in search of a connection to a Ford employee. Only to learn that my sister has a good friend who works for a local dealership. That is the next avenue I will be exploring.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'm in southern New Jersey, so there is a fair amount of competition with something like 9 dealerships in a 30 mile radius.

The dealer came back and actually raised his price from the original $36400 to $37,341 before rebates, I'm currently eligible for $2000 in my area. The excuse being that the original number was a guesstimate where the second was precise after building the car in their configuration tool. I was on the fence at $36,400 so after the increase I'm backing out of that "deal".

Following the advice of some of you, I reached out in search of a connection to a Ford employee. Only to learn that my sister has a good friend who works for a local dealership. That is the next avenue I will be exploring.
I would say tell that dealer to make the deal at the 36K plus rebates and you would take it. Your other option is with all the competition, I would get them fighting each other for the new customer. I had two dealerships that I had pushing each other lower. It got me about $1500 lower than what I would have gotten without the competition.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My sport had an MSRP of $39,945 and I was able to get the selling price a touch under $34k for a lease ($33,600 I believe after all incentive).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dealer gave me the TrueCar discount which was $900 under invoice. I don't remember the exact prices but i think I got about $3k off msrp. If you find a dealer that uses truecar and you are dealing with the fleet dealer typically this is a pretty easy deal to get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ended up going to a different dealer after my first contact upped his price, and just wasn't doing business in a way I felt was honest. The new dealer matched his original offer of $36,400 and locked me in for $2k in additional incentives. With the option to swap if the incentives are better at the time of delivery. I placed my order on 10/22, so should take ownership sometime before the end of the year.

Thanks again for the advice!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Up in Canada it comes fully loaded, so the only option is the color. List was 44,078.00, I got $5,324.00(employee and Costco discount) so final price was 38,754.00 + tax. This is equal to 28,932 US. I think I did OK.

·
Registered
868 Posts
This is what x-plan looks like right now when selecting the 0% 60 month financing with zero options and $1,000 black Friday cash.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts