Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, I was driving into work last week when some butt head decides that he should pass me on the right, in the lane that is about 100 feet from ending. You know, one of those guys that tries to merge in at the last second, cutting everyone off, only this is a right lane on the highway that has to merge left. Well, he ran out of room to get around me, and instead of conceding defeat, he intentionally rammed into my car. That's no accidental damage on my passenger front door. Wasn't that nice of him? Then, once we pulled over, he runs towards my car, fist cocked back, and proceeds to tell me, "I oughta beat the poopie out of you for cutting me off!". I calmly told him to get back into his car, that the police were already on their way. So, that's a fun way to start your Wednesday...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Im sorry hear and to see that. I assume the police put blame on the other driver and what was he driving because it appears his tire was outside his wheel well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I should have mentioned. He got two tickets. First, failure to yield, second was operating a vehicle in a negligent manner. My insurance paid for it, but they are going through subrogation now to get reimbursed from his insurance. Luckily he had insurance on his 1996 Malibu.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is actually already fixed. I picked it up yesterday. Body shop did an excellent job. I was a little worried about the 3 step paint job, but they matched it just about perfectly. I can't tell which panels they sprayed and which are factory.

Your edits crack me up, Dave.... Sorry for quoting...

·
Registered
868 Posts
That is a quick fix! I scheduled mine to go in for a new rear bumper 2 weeks ago and I don't take it in to the shop until May 25th! The snow/ice we had this winter really jacked up all the body shops in Portland this year. I'm just glad you can barely notice it. I have a co-worker that has been driving around a Tarus that looks like someone took the jaws of life to the trunk.

·
Registered
172 Posts
People are unpredictable these days. You never no how far they are willing to escalate. Glad to hear the guy got tickets and your car fixed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Those sort of guys really annoy me and if I were in your position, I would have been tempted to handle it differently, although you made the right choice and I'm glad that things didn't go too badly.

I read the guy's "quote" and was like :confused: what sort of guy says I'm going to beat the poopie out of you? Is he "special?" Then I saw the last edited postscript and it clicked. :laugh:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wow that sucks hard that they clipped you in such an intentional way. Glad to hear that the repair work was well done, always a concern with complex paints.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 9 of 9 Posts