Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for some reason the one touch up wasn't working on my driver's side window, which also meant that window wouldn't close with the global close using the key fob. The window would go down with one touch, but not up. After some googling, and trying different reset options, I thought I would post the one that worked for me in case anyone else has this issue.

Reset auto up - windows
1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then release
the switch.
2. Lift the switch again for one more second.
3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release
the switch.
4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.
6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close
automatically.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Good to know someone figured it out. I seemed to have this problem on my 14' SE... but it eventually fixed itself.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Happens in my A4 when the battery is disconnected. It seems to require a hold down until they roll all the way down and I usually give an extra 5 second hold on the down and then repeat the process for up (hold up + 5 seconds) so they become "learned".

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine isn't working on the passenger side. The drivers side goes up fine but when it gets to the top gets a little pressure and comes back down. Had it in a 2 times now. Will be 2 on Monday.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I wish I saw this when I got my car. I just brought it back had the dealer fix it

·
Registered
724 Posts
My ford has a tutorial video on how to set this along with tons of other info.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I told my dealer to take care of it, luckily.
They tried everything and ended up ordering/replacing the window module.
If I would have went through that and it still not work I would have blown a gasket.

Sorry but Ford should be telling the dealerships with Sport models on the lot to fix all these
known issues before they're sold, not sell them then have the customers deal with it.
That's total B.S.

·
Registered
296 Posts
That it actually worked. I've had everything from relays to motors and still have issues. But that reset worked this time.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I told my dealer to take care of it, luckily.
They tried everything and ended up ordering/replacing the window module.
If I would have went through that and it still not work I would have blown a gasket.

Sorry but Ford should be telling the dealerships with Sport models on the lot to fix all these
known issues before they're sold, not sell them then have the customers deal with it.
That's total B.S.
I agree 100%.

TSB's should be performed on qualifying VIN's at the time of sale for something so simple and widespread. Unfortunately, it seems only "recalls" are handled in this fashion. And I suppose for something to gain recall status, it must present a safety concern.

Reactions: 2017BurgundySport

·
Registered
55 Posts
My windows started having multiple "one touch" issues. I thought I could solve it myself by re-initializing the motor (I posted the details in a separate thread), but ultimately I brought my Sport Fusion back to the dealer and sure enough there was a SSM (technical service procedure) for the windows. It is SSM 46686. All modules were reprogrammed using their computer and their OASIS software. Now the windows work as they should.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Tried the fix here, but it didn't fix the 1 touch up/down of the rear windows.

Didn't work. Looks like I'll be visiting the dealer

·
Registered
388 Posts
Do the rear windows have 1 touch up? The SSM above my Ford buddy is telling me is for front windows

·
Registered
388 Posts
All four windows have one touch up and down.
Ok my Ford MST friend told me to try this

Start while window fully open
Lift and hold until closed - continue to hold for 2 seconds (listening for the click of the motor)
Press and hold until fully open - continue to hold for 2 seconds (listening for the click of the motor)
Then one more time
Lift and hold until closed - continue to hold for 2 seconds (listening for the click of the motor)
Press and hold until fully open - continue to hold for 2 seconds (listening for the click of the motor)

That fixed it right up for me and now the remote open/close of the windows works perfectly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fought the one touch up issue for a few months. Took it to the dealer a couple times and things would be ok for a while, then it would act up again. Both driver and passenger side front windows were affected. Never seemed to have a problem in the back. Even the reset procedures found online eventually stopped correcting the issue. Finally the third trip back corrected it. Likely the same SSM that RussW mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Forgot two steps

Reset auto up - windows
1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then release
the switch.
2. Lift the switch again for one more second.
2a. Do the hokey pokey (might be dating myself a bit)
3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release
the switch.
4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.
6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close
automatically.
7. Pray to the god of Ragnaros

1 - 17 of 17 Posts