Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third time it’s happened to me. I have this oily type residue with no noticeable smell in spots all over my car. It doesn’t dry even in direct sunlight. Washing the car removes it for awhile but it’s back after a few weeks.

My wife noticed it on her car the other day so it has to be something at our apartment. One of us parks in front of our garage under two balconies. I’d like to think people wouldn’t throw something off their balcony onto cars below but who knows. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what I would’ve thought too but the only plants within 100 yards are some crepe myrtles 30 feet away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
HTX, I know I am late to the party here. But the Crepe Myrtle is your bandit. Crepe Myrtles throw off sap all during the "Green" season. Even worse during the blooming season. You may even see some yellowish deposits. I'm not sure how far this sap can be blown, but I have them at my work place. I moved my parking spot to almost 60 feet away from them I still get some deposits from them on my car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is very important you get that sap off as soon as possible, it will go through your clear coat and then you wont' even be able to buff it off.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It is very important you get that sap off as soon as possible, it will go through your clear coat and then you wont' even be able to buff it off.
Agreed. It also helps to keep the car well waxed. Makes for an easier clean up. Definitely do not let it sit for any length of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts