Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I popped the hood yesterday after putting about 60kms (40 miles) driving time in. I noticed what looked like oil droplets sprayed throughout the engine bay, mostly toward the air intake. I've owned a '11 SHO and had, to a lesser extent, the same issue, which a Ford tech told me was somewhat normal for a turbo'd engine. I've attached pictures to show what I'm talking about and was wondering if anyone else has or had this problem? Car has 6800kms on it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
That's definitely not normal... I'm now at 6800 miles and my engine bay is still spotless like the day I got it. And I've pushed mine a couple times.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree, thats not normal at all.

I would take it to the dealer and find the leak. Dye test for sure. And I wouldn't wait. to see that kind of oil, its not just misting but kicking a pretty good chuck of oil.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Agree with everyone's comments...They should replace that tech who told you
that, that was normal for all Turbo engines....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries, at the dealership now... Just remembering when I picked the car up when I bought her they did an oil change as she was a demo. Their tech probably overfilled the engine. Both the dip stick and oil cap were the first things I checked. As for the Ford tech, that was 4 years ago across the country so I'm not worried about him touching my baby. Thanks for getting back to me quickly, you people are great! I'll keep you updated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
405 Posts
No worries, at the dealership now... Just remembering when I picked the car up when I bought her they did an oil change as she was a demo. Their tech probably overfilled the engine. Both the dip stick and oil cap were the first things I checked. As for the Ford tech, that was 4 years ago across the country so I'm not worried about him touching my baby. Thanks for getting back to me quickly, you people are great! I'll keep you updated.

Cheers.
Over filled the oil? LOL if anyone tells that was the problem, go find a new dealership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
***UPDATE*** After about 45 mins at the dealership they couldn't find the leak but poured the dye down range anyways. Three possible reasons; 1. Over filled when they changed the oil at the dealership of purchase, 2. Messy tech that refuses to use a funnel when topping up the oil during the oil change, or 3. There's a slow leak coming from somewhere, hence the dye. Tech said drive it for a bit and then bring it back in 5 days or so. Car is running fine, no error code on their reader or on the dash so I'll wait it out.

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
Over filled the oil? LOL if anyone tells that was the problem, go find a new dealership.
It's possible, due to the 15-30 minute wait time after shutting off the car - back when Couvs bought the car the dealer/tech may not have known this yet. I mean, I'd be upset as well, but it's still possible.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have 10,500 miles on my Sport and the engine bay still looks brand new. I'm surprised that it doesn't have that thin film of dirt on it, yet.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have 10,500 miles on my Sport and the engine bay still looks brand new. I'm surprised that it doesn't have that thin film of dirt on it, yet.
Just wait for it. At about 15,000 miles I opened my hood and blam! It was all dusty and dirty. Once the rain finally stops it's going to need a good once over. I think here in OR we still have a good 40 days and 40 nights of rain this year even though we have already met our yearly total...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's possible, due to the 15-30 minute wait time after shutting off the car - back when Couvs bought the car the dealer/tech may not have known this yet. I mean, I'd be upset as well, but it's still possible.
My thoughts exactly. The issue is logged and was dealt with and now up to Ford on their end if the dye does indicate there is a large or small leak. I have 4-6 more days of driving and have been checking the oil when shes cold each time I get in the car. No oil spots where I park or have parked so time will tell.

Reactions: Rice
1 - 12 of 12 Posts