Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that turbo charged engines can benefit from an Oil Catch Can. UPR offers various oil catch cans and have an Oil Separator for the 2.7 Eco-boost engine in a 2015-2017 Ford F150 (15-17 Ford F150 Ecoboost 2.7 3.5 Dual Valve Catch Can Plug N Play ™), which is the same engine as the Fusion 2.7L Sport. Since this is a direct injection engine, keeping oil vapor off the valves is important. Gas additives to clean the valves would not be effective in a direct injection engine. Has anyone installed an oil catch can on their 2.7L Fusion? If so, which one? Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the fusion may have a different intake manifold when compared to the F150 because it is mounted transversely so that may cause the PCV systems to be slightly different which would make the F150 catch can systems not fit the Fusion Sport.

Regardless, if there are any companies producing aftermarket parts for the Sport, I'm sure catch cans will be one of the first things released. People like to debate the effectiveness of them but mine on my FoST fills up relatively quickly and thats oil not lowereing my octane (by how much idk, but it is none-the-less) and gunking the valves. For <$150 i think that's worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts