Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, picked up my Sport this afternoon!

Went with the Ruby Red clear coat, 401A package, cooled seats, and even though I didn't want it, for the price, and being pre-built, I couldn't pass up the moonroof included.

Literally the exact build I wanted to order side the moonroof.

·
Registered
189 Posts
NICE, enjoy!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So a couple of things I've noticed on the way back from the ~180 mile trip back from the dealership (in no particular order)...

The cooled seats, while they don't cool the back of the seat, are still extremely nice to have on a hot day.

The noise level in the car when compared to the Passat I'm used to is incredibly quiet.

The cruise control has a cancel button - much better than having to hit the brakes or clutch to disengage the cruise control.

The car is nice and smooth, without feeling like a torque monster, while driving in standard D mode.

Once the car is in S mode, all bets are off. Off the line acceleration is GREATLY improved, suspension gets quite a bit firmer (noticed in corners), and the shift points are much more aggressive.

The seats are far more comfortable for the long-haul than my Passat seats were.

Blind spot mirrors (while standard for a number of years on Ford's, are absent on the Passat) are awesome to have. Side note: I personally do not like the BLIS system, as I believe it makes you a complacent driver. I'm trained in the SMOG technique at work, and apply it to my personal cars as well.

Coming from 11 years of driving manuals, I don't dislike the automatic as much as I expected I would, ever after hearing mixed reviews about it...

I actually LIKE the **** dial - it's enough change from the manuals I'm used to that I don't reach down and try to grab another gear (and slam on the brakes while trying to hit the clutch).

Android Auto, while it seems to still be somewhat "beta" is very nice to have, especially without the $800 navigation option. Currently limited to Google Maps though.

The stereo in this thing is amaze-balls! I've always been the one to replace the factory speakers, amp, and head unit from factory to aftermarket (and have parts I had ready just in case). In this car, it's completely unnecessary. Bass is punchy enough to rattle the rear view a bit, and the highs and mids sound pretty good so far. Time will tell as the break in a bit more if I need to replace them or not, but initial impression is very good.

I'm sure I'll add more later, but that's what I can remember from the drive.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The stereo in this thing is amaze-balls!
Coming from having a Bose system in a 14' Impala LTZ... I was hesitant. My old SE had the standard stereo that was horrific. I to was impressed with the quality of the stereo system. It might be one of the most under hyped features of the car. I know everyone's focus is on the performance, as it should be, but when getting into the optioned out level, the stereo should definitely be a focal point.

Ford did well... 12 speaks in a car that size is sure to provide some great listening pleasure.

FWIW... I switched from stereo to surround after a couple of days and MUCH prefer surround. Provide a little depth and separation to your music.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW... I switched from stereo to surround after a couple of days and MUCH prefer surround. Provide a little depth and separation to your music.
I changed it yesterday after your suggestion. I too agree it's better in surround mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts