Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Talked to John at Corsa exhaust and they have not been moving forward with any thing for our cars.SO! I Purchased A BORLA Axle back set of mufflers for the Sport. Got it from LMPerformance. Had them in 3 days. They were well packaged and per inspection they are a quality piece. Great welds and finish. The tips are 3.5 inches ,nice finish, you can see right through them so I think the sound will be nice. Also they are very light 13 lbs per side. I am going to do Darkstars downpipes and modify/re-work the mid pipe section. Paid 998.00 free shipping. I am so in to this car whats another grand. I will get some pictures for the site. Happy New Year ,Bucket

·
Registered
19 Posts
Talked to John at Corsa exhaust and they have not been moving forward with any thing for our cars.SO! I Purchased A BORLA Axle back set of mufflers for the Sport. Got it from LMPerformance. Had them in 3 days. They were well packaged and per inspection they are a quality piece. Great welds and finish. The tips are 3.5 inches ,nice finish, you can see right through them so I think the sound will be nice. Also they are very light 13 lbs per side. I am going to do Darkstars downpipes and modify/re-work the mid pipe section. Paid 998.00 free shipping. I am so in to this car whats another grand. I will get some pictures for the site. Happy New Year ,Bucket
I think I'm the only other person that has the borla exhaust. It will sound very "ricey" for the first hundred miles or so. The riciness then goes away. It doesn't completely break in until around 1000-1500 miles. I posted a video on the Facebook page if you want to hear how it will sound after that. I really like it, in my opinion this car needs some kind of exhaust.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think I'm the only other person that has the borla exhaust. It will sound very "ricey" for the first hundred miles or so. The riciness then goes away. It doesn't completely break in until around 1000-1500 miles. I posted a video on the Facebook page if you want to hear how it will sound after that. I really like it, in my opinion this car needs some kind of exhaust.
Awesome - good news. Link, if you have it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not bad! It's hard to tell in a video exhaust from stereo exhaust. How much louder is it then the factory "exhaust sound" coming frolm speakers? Does it droan at all?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

It's significantly louder, you can definitely tell that there is something there. There is drone, you can only really notice around +70mph. It's very noticable around +73 and above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody used a flowmeter svc laminar flow muffler on the sport yet I'm curious as to how it may sound with the super 44 in the place of the resonator

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's significantly louder, you can definitely tell that there is something there. There is drone, you can only really notice around +70mph. It's very noticable around +73 and above.
Dang that sucks I hate droan. But it sounds nice! You could add a glass pack before borla and it may help.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice compilation, Oreo. I just want something subtle. Have to wrestle with the cost of the Borla, versus trying to do something on my own that won't have the drone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What are anyone's thoughts of adding Greddy EVO 2 mufflers, and an X-pipe? I had the Greddy's on my old Gs300, took them off when I sold that car and was looking online for exhausts that aren't Flow's or Borla etc... I know the engines are100% different but the sound of them on my Gs was amazing. Hoping or crossing my fingers it'll sound Justas good on my FS?? just a thought??

·
Registered
148 Posts
What are anyone's thoughts of adding Greddy EVO 2 mufflers, and an X-pipe? I had the Greddy's on my old Gs300, took them off when I sold that car and was looking online for exhausts that aren't Flow's or Borla etc... I know the engines are100% different but the sound of them on my Gs was amazing. Hoping or crossing my fingers it'll sound Justas good on my FS?? just a thought??
Do it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Masterbrenden1990 had a post about WRX mufflers he was working on but it went dead. I wonder if he got anywhere with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Custom exhaust

What is the actual size of the exhaust piping on my 2017 Sport? I thought it was 2.25 but keep seeing 2.5 exhaust systems from various companies. Are people using 2.5 pipes and if so how are they adapting them to the 2.25 pipes?

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's 2.25. I used 2.5" mufflers because that's the lowest borla makes for exhaust. I think some people change most of the exhaust over to 2.5, others like me, had the shop use a stepdown adapter since they were being welded in anyway

21 - 40 of 73 Posts