Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a video collection of custom exhaust builds by member of this forum and current and future after market systems. Feel free to add you custom exhaust video and please include any details about your exhaust design including pipe size, mufflers use, resonators used and part numbers. Enjoy...

TOmS - Magna Flo Resonator/Jones Turbo tube mufflers exhaust system

Dwreck - magna flow muffler in place of the resonator and CD3 Performance axle-back pipes

Airwelldone – The muffler was chopped off with 2.5" tailpipes welded in. Loud but not intrusive.

RCMUSTANG – Stock Muffler

RCMUSTANG - Axle back, 2.25" into 2.5" Cherry Bomb glasspacks, 2.5" tubing to 2.5" resonator tips.

RCMUSTANG – Launch/Full Throttle

EcoBoosted - I have removed the stock exhaust and resonator and replaced them with 2.5" pipe with an X pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. I went back later and the exhaust shop installed a pipe right before the mufflers to get rid of drone.

EcoBoosted - I had the stock resonator put back in and took out the x pipe to make things quieter in the cabin. Everything is 2.5" diameter except the resonator. The mufflers are Magnaflow in the 14" case size.

EcoBoosted - Here is a short video of the exhaust sound inside the cabin Magnaflow Axleback in Cabin.

Chadwicktater - It's pretty much a straight pipe from the cats back with an X-pipe. Sounds pretty angry IMO.

BOT_ROCKET - I cut off the massive and restrictive muffler and replaced it with some simple 2.5 inch pipes with the stock tail pipes. It sounds pretty good in my opinion. There IS significant drone below 3k rpm under load, but nothing that prevents normal conversation. When it's under very light or no load, the drone goes away and the car is silent. It also has the BOV vented to atmosphere which is the "whoosh" you hear when I rev it.

Ricochet - The muffler is 11134 magnaflow (Sound Clips)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...k5xNnVNcmVRQUk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...FcwdUtqdGJFR1k

Ricochet – Sound update for exhaust system Borla Pro XS Cat Back. The first link is just a start up and engine rev, the second one is in the car with the windows down first and then closed.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...3BmQUFJZjRneFE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...TItbllxbDFtaUk

MRT 2017+ Fusion Sport Axle-Back Performance Exhaust

Beta Borla Exhaust System

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Angry Goat - I delete the resonator and the muffler off my 2.7 ecoboost fusion sport

The Angry Goat - magnaflow tru Xpipe on a 2017 ford fusion sport

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
froshy00 - front resonator removed, rear muffler still installed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Saw a video by a guy called theAngryGoat916. He removed the resonator and mufflers, replaced the resonator with a Magnaflow true X pipe, so a resonated muffler. Bought from Summit, $108?, and then straight pipes to the rear using the stock tips. Part number 11386. So looks and sounds like he is killing 2 birds with one stone.

From the video what i could hear, it sounded really good, removes the raspy tone that makes it sound cheap and tinny, keeps the deeper tones. From inside the car, not loud at all, and i think he did the vid with windows down.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Saw a video by a guy called theAngryGoat916. He removed the resonator and mufflers, replaced the resonator with a Magnaflow true X pipe, so a resonated muffler. Bought from Summit, $108?, and then straight pipes to the rear using the stock tips. Part number 11386. So looks and sounds like he is killing 2 birds with one stone.

From the video what i could hear, it sounded really good, removes the raspy tone that makes it sound cheap and tinny, keeps the deeper tones. From inside the car, not loud at all, and i think he did the vid with windows down.
I think this is the video you're referring to. Main difference between his 2-2 front resonator and mine is he says his has steel packing, and mine is chambered. Also, once he starts driving the car, if you watch his rpm gauge and see what it sounds like between 2000-2500, and imagine what it would sound like at that constant rpm level for 30 minutes, you'll understand why I put those Magnaflows on the back.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Video of what my setup sounds like from the inside:

Probably the best way to describe the difference between these two videos is one without rear mufflers (AngryGoat915), and one with rear mufflers (mine). Having those rear Magnaflows really cut down on the drone I was getting.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

It's included in the original post of video.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Updated video list and put all known videos and descriptions together at beginning of thread for easy viewing.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts