Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
confusion

Anyone have a silver sport with a front fascia (bumper cover) that very dark vs the body. I find it very objectionable. Looks like off color accident repair. Dealer does not want to do anything.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Does anyone else have a silver sport with a front fascia (bumper cover) that's very dark vs. the body. Mine looks like an accident repair. very objectionable. Dealer doesn't want to fix.
Mine doesn't look bad. What color do you have? Any pictures you can post that would show it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
They usually don't match up perfectly. Especially in different lights and in metallic colors. It's paint on plastic vs. paint on metal. They just can't seem to get it perfect. Mine isn't too bad but you can tell. Maybe more base coats would do it. IDK.
This is true. I had an Acura RDX, metallic white. And the bumpers were slightly off white/yellowish compared to the body. When I brought it up to the dealers, they said the same about paint on plastic vs on metal.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah. Take a look at other silvers on the dealer's lot. They will probably be similar.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Most bumpers don't 100% match the car. This is do to chemicals that is added to the paint for bumpers to be bumped, dinged and more flexible then the rest of the car.

Lighter colors are more noticeable.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I don't see any differences with my white platinum

·
Registered
296 Posts
I see a small difference in my White Platinum small but I definitely see it. Thought about complaining but knew they wouldn't care since it's only a little off and they don't own it like we do. If it was there car it would be fixed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is an engineered level of tolerance for "off color". As many have mentioned above, painting plastic vs painting metal uses different paint formulations and can often cause inconsistencies. Not only that but since they are usually painted in two different places, the bumper cover supplier and Ford have to paint without seeing each other's parts for color match.

Honestly it's kind of amazing they are able to get it so close when you understand all of the work and preparation that has to go into making these things match.

TLDR; it's normal, wouldn't worry about it. Unless it's agreguous nothing will be done to fix it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts