Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So these questions may have been asked in the past, but I'll ask again anyways.

And recommendations for OBDII scanner, and specifically one that will work with Forscan? Their website says any elm327, but there are so many cheap ones out there I'm a bit concerned about just buying any. Been leaning towards the obdlink mx, has good reputation, but costs $80 while elm327's with good amazon reviews run anywhere from $15~$40. The obdlink can access ms-can, whereas the others can't (I think). Not sure what mods require ms-can though.
Any thoughts and/or personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Also plan on using torque pro app too. Any body with thoughts on torque pro while I'm at it?

Forscan:
I don't have a problem with learning how to use it, as some here have pointed to some good resources (thanks). But I am curious how "dangerous" it might be. My desires for using Forscan would be for modifying things like useless right lcd screen, honking when walking away from running car with keys, (adding option to individually set suspension settings-DaMiFo) that sort of thing. If something were to not work out, or go wrong in process, is there an easy way to return things to stock without dreaded trip to dealership?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will be using a buddies this weekend with the TQ app to get pre and post parameters from the deltas boost module install. I'll let ya know how it works.

Attachments

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
I strongly recommend you go with the OBDLink MX. I got mine through Amazon & saved $10 (although sometimes they have coupons for their site). The way I view it is if you're going to be writing to your car's memory with FORScan, don't cheap out on an adapter that may disconnect while its in use, or may not actually support the additional module networks in the first place.

Most cheap adapters (unless "modded") can only read things on the HSCAN network (PCM, APIM, PAM, BCM, and basic OBDII functions). Everything else is on MSCAN, HSCAN2, or HSCAN3 networks. Modding the instrument cluster or radio, for example, needs the OBDLink MX adapter.

As far as FORScan being safe:
1) Only make changes that you have been told work.
2) Only change one thing at a time.
3) FORScan has a built-in error check and will prompt you if something isn't right (sometimes it'll say it anyways - just double check what you changed.
4) If you try to do something the car doesn't support and you ignore FORScan, the car should reject it.

Also, always back up your factory AsBuilt settings before making a change to a module. Keep the files backed up somewhere. You can obtain the AsBuilt data from Ford online, but it's easier and safer to just back it up yourself. To restore to stock, you'd just load the stock AB file in FORScan, then click write.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
If you want to do programming with FORScan, you need a laptop or tablet running Windows. I tested a while ago for someone, FORScan did work on a cheap $80 Windows 8 RT tablet. If you just want it for diagnostics, you can get by with Android or iOS.

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Registered
868 Posts
I got the OBDlink MX BT. To work with my Windows laptop with bluetooth. Forscan works great with it to access ALL modules. I got a cheap WiFi one previously for use with my iPhone but then realized the full version of Forscan wouldn't work in iOS.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Make sure FORScan is up to date, make sure the connection settings are OK. If you still can't connect to your Fusion contact the developers. I've been using FORScan on my Sport since I picked up the car in August '16. If you have a tune, that is probably the cause of FORScan not connecting to the car. In that case definitely contact the developers - they'll help out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I agree, grabbed the "red" one with wifi that works with apple products. I have made a number of changes with it on my Sport so far.
Which apple product did you use? IPOD, if so what forscan software did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
I use an iPhone 7 plus and iPad air 2 with the app that the adapter comes with. Forscan only works from a windows laptop/tablet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
About Forscan ...

Could you add on the other option like climate control, confort mode,sport mode,nomarl mode, Sync 3 background animation and other stuff With the regular ForScan license or you need the extended license ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
About Forscan ...

Could you add on the other option like climate control, confort mode,sport mode,nomarl mode, Sync 3 background animation and other stuff With the regular ForScan license or you need the extended license ?
You need the extended license to edit as-built data. It's free though, just have to fill out a form on their site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought Launch CReader 8011 specially to read ABS codes on my Mercedes Benz vehicle. I like that it comes with the storage case, USB cable and micro SD card to transfer data. It was amazing when I use it at the first time. Cleared the ABS code and gave me lots of data about my vehicle with the large and clear display. Moreover, it supports oil and epb reset,I was impressed with the product function.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Anybody know for certain if you can make changes via Forscan on 2018 Fusions with Sync 3?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anybody know for certain if you can make changes via Forscan on 2018 Fusions with Sync 3?
Yep. I have a 2018 (with 401A) and I could make pretty much all the changes that I found except for enabling the suspension settings in the dash IPC. For some reason, I can't get it to work. I got the steering settings, but not the suspension, which kinda bummed me out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts