Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm using a wi-fi one called veepak I think. Got it off Amazon. iOS...haven't decided on an app though...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using a wi-fi one called veepak I think. Got it off Amazon. iOS...haven't decided on an app though...
Thanks. Is it better to use a wifi one instead of a Bluetooth reader? My brother has a elm327 Bluetooth reader which worked fine in my car. I bought the same one from Amazon but I couldn't pair it with any device. My iPhone or Samsung couldn't even find it when searching for Bluetooth devices.

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an ELM wifi that I had from logging my Focus since my Ford Racing tuner didn't data log. Unless you are only logging a couple parameters it does slow down, but it is older albeit cheaper technology. I second the scan tool OBDLink MX device (Bluetooth or Wifi). Has a lot better hardware to keep up with logging multiple parameters. Plus it has the ability to access the CANbus that has given some visibility into changing various body control parameters (non-power train).
As far as the app I have an iPhone so not many options out there. I have been using DashCommand and find it's acceptable for my needs. They do a decent job pushing out updates to support new parameters for multiple manufacturers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
*update* reading the MX Wi-Fi reviews on Amazon sounds like they are sorting out a connection issue stemmed from the wifi module itself...they do have 90-day money back though. With that said I will modify my original statement:

I second the scan tool OBDLink device (LX or MX). Has a lot better hardware to keep up with logging multiple parameters. Plus the MX has the ability to access the CANbus that has given some visibility into changing various body control parameters (non-power train).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, my original link was to the LX part that I purchased. I didn't realize they had the MX part that reads the CAN data - I would've bought it at the time even though it's a bit more expensive. I don't use mine often enough or detailed enough for it to bother me - but if I was purchasing again I'd go MX. Amazon link for the MX part:

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426...TF8&qid=1476307223&sr=1-1&keywords=obdlink+mx

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices off Amazon. It was the best rated and top seller of the time and still works great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the LELink Bluetooth Low Energy OBD-II reader. It works well with the OBD Fusion (iPhone and iPad) app. The OBD Fusion extended diagnostic codes for 2017 Ford are not yet available. The extended codes will be comprehensive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts