Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks VelocityBrew. Hopefully if it's mechanical I can get it fixed soon. Very helpful because my car is getting serviced tomorrow. I added checking for an exhaust leak motor to cats to the list. If the cats are toast it would not surprise me after a year of misfires. I asked my regular mechanic to check the cats but he said he really has no way to test them. So I let it go. I don't go to the dealer much anymore. There is no code coming up for the cats inefficiency. Thanks again for looking at the stock log.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Any update very curious how this turns out

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well I found the sweet spot with SD if your gonna use the calculator, and just hit the whole table. 3% seems to work good for a slight bump, took my file that I wrote for 93 oct, and detuned it so I could run 87 due to the stupid gas prices. Run good once I raised some of the limits back up a bit, figured I'd see how bumping the SD would fell. so far feels strong, may need to work on fueling a bit more, but it's close. Big thing I,m getting almost no misses, and my no 1 cylinder knock is way down to the point I only see maybe a degree to a degree n half of retard.

Reactions: Rehdetx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had my car thoroughly looked over and no issues found. No exhaust leaks, throttle body was cleaned, map sensors cleaned, and O2 sensors checked. So not sure why bank 1 would run a bit richer than 2. Catalytic converters checked out good also. So I can't find anything mechanical wrong with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just jumping in for what it's worth with things in my mind:
-Anyone referenced the 3.5l tuners especially those all over YouTube drag racing the F150s?
-That would be the greatest concentration, beginning around MY2018 of 93 Octane canned beginning efforts then from all years of all custom F150 code modification (Harley, SVT, Lightning) to Ecoboost and in MY2018 the 2.7 Ecoboost with the 6speed and the success of using the 4wd system successfully to launch simulating AWD.
-based on that success those tuning F150s must be the ultimate point of reference and certainly include the 2.7. why? Because the F150 2.7 (I sold Ford's in 2018) feels like it's the quickest vehicle on the lot without having any intention of doing that.
-Ford access to Ford data and tools. At least my dealership did this so I assume most might; Gave sales staff access to every tool available, same as the best Diesel tech making more than a brain surgeon. It was mind blowing the access to information granted. Why? To sell cars.
-So if the number one selling vehicle in the world which is the best selling truck globally has a bunch of customers with the largest amount of tuned 2.7s being modded has a maker who core dumps to viable staff members... Follow the money there.
  • this here seems like a strong, small and certainly dedicated circle which may not need to reinvent certain wheels where others have made the trudge already.
  • how would I have a clue? I am a senior Advanced electronics engineering tech at General Dynamics and used to specialize in in circuit emulation - finding the failures in similar systems (oil refineries). I thought to make 100k a year selling and foot in the door at Ford because of love for cars.
  • factory rep said 2018 was important as all Ecoboost added plenum injection back to handle low idle valve train lubrication and had direct injection kick in under higher rpm and WOT conditions. Said any year direct injection prior was subject to many issues. 2018 the most tech advanced year to date. So if your coding for 2017s without that in mind who knows the results might reflect as such.
  • my humble opinion on all this, nice to meet you all. Glad I got my dream car finally.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Some of of us on here use HP Tuners for our tuning needs, one thing that's nice about HP is you can share files with others. So on their board you can find tunes for a lot of different cars n trucks, gives you lots of info on how they tune differently for the different platforms and engine combinations.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
52 Posts
Easiest way to troubleshoot misfires IMO.

First and foremost, put the stock tune on the car, if misfires are gone, congrats, it was the tune.
If not, get forscan or another program that can look at mode 6 data, to see which cyl is the issue or if all are. If it is a specific cylinder, swap coil pack with a known good cylinder. If misfire followed, replace coil pack. If not, check spark plug condition and gap. Can use a noid or similar to actually check spark intensity. If it is all cylinders, random cylinders, (and this is where tuners blame hardware imo), check plugs for carbon deposits, check afr, too rich or too lean will cause misfires across the cyls like this.

Also, I haven't really seen it discussed but at higher boost I was at a point that had very few misfires at WOT, i'm talking like 2-3 per pull. Checked plugs, all were .028. I tightened up the gap to .026, problem solved.

Very rarely you could have vacuum leak, leaky injector, etc. but these are rare cases imo
I have some kind of vacuum leak, are you familiar?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Vacuum leaks can cause all kinds of issues, running leaning being one of them, which can cause a miss.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Interested here. Already have an MPVI2 I use for my Mustang and have drawn the stock file.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
VB any update on the website and tuning ?

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
257 Posts
When you tune your car... With HP or other "custom" vendor, what happens to the Sport button? Does it still change the sensitivity gas pedal or is it restricted to only steering wheel and road feel?

·
Registered
971 Posts
You can make it feel any way you like in either normal mode or Sport. I make a few changes to the tables then change the ratios between the two. One thing I've been thinking about picking up one of those peddle roars to give me a better way to change the peddle feel on the fly. I think it with a flat peddle tune would be nice in either sport or normal.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts