Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm amazed they didn't tell you to buy a higher than 3bar map?????? It makes a lot of sense youd be having issues since anything above 255kpa the computer can't do any calculations for and assumes 255 so everything is going to be off after that point. The timing I think is a little high also for how much boost you're seeing, it's around 6* advance after the computer is pulling 4* for knock. I think it would be a lot happier around 4* before knock modifiers.
But honestly it might seem excessive but I wouldn't put my foot to the floor until the 3bar map is swapped with 3.5+bar, but that has to be accounted for in the tune

·
Registered
25 Posts
You're maxing out your map sensor, it's hitting 255kpa and can't read any higher. You're also seeing a good amount of knock, the computer is pulling almost 4* of timing due to knock. You're also hitting combustion stability limits. The thing I would be looking at the most first is this: View attachment 28741 there really shouldn't be a time your banks should be this far apart. Looks like bank 1 is running lean. You could have a failing sensor or an exhaust leak
Thanks for the help. What causes a map sensor to max out? I have been troubleshooting this for the past year. With no codes other than a misfire it is tough. I have had the vehicle inspected over and over.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
It's just the max v/capability limit of the map sensor. It must be a 3bar, youd want a 3.5+ bar

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's just the max v/capability limit of the map sensor. It must be a 3bar, youd want a 3.5+ bar
Unfortunately those tunes are final. Zfg said it was maxed out. National speed said they would turn down the boost to help with misfires. I can't tune it myself. I know next to nothing about tuning. I guess whatever happens happens.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I didn't even think about it until now, but a 3bar map reads just under 30psi of boost, 44psi total. Are you spiking past 30psi of boost??? I actually don't need a boost pressure pid logged

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn't even think about it until now, but a 3bar map reads just under 30psi of boost, 44psi total. Are you spiking past 30psi of boost??? I actually don't need a boost pressure pid logged
I have no idea. I don't have a boost gauge. Sorry. Tuner never told me.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I would at least clear the LTFTs and relog, I'd look at the log. If you can't re-upload the tune to the car, you should be able to wipe the LTFTs by unhooking the negative for awhile/depressing brake pedal to clear out the vram that stores the LTFT information. (This will also clear adaptive tables like for transmission learning/etc, but shouldn't be an issue)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Also if you can when you open the vcm scanner before you log just hit the add channel button and type boost pressure and double click the one that comes up, and it'll add boost to the log

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Don't mean to spam the thread , but I'm not sure why i didn't see it before. It looks like the reason the tune is garbage is it's commanding no power enrichment or somehow have it so it's outside the parameters of engaging. Throughout the range the commanded is 1.00 to 1.02 lambda. Forced induction and especially ecoboost that is extremely lean. Looks like the computer is fighting that with the extreme long term trims to get it to .85 lambda
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Rectangle Font Material property Magenta Tints and shades

Reactions: Rehdetx

·
Registered
25 Posts
My two friends with tuned edge sports have upgraded turbos basically like mine. They are just bigger compressor wheels in the stock housing. An old email from one of them said "MY boost is 17psi or 1.133BAR. The last time I spoke with snmjim he was running 22psi or 1.466BAR." so I don't know why I would need more than 3 bar. I think I have a mechanical problem of some sort honestly. But I just can't figure it out.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
From what I can tell your misfires all taking place when the map pins at 255 kpa and the calculations become trash. I was not thinking atmospheric, so anything above 21psi of boost is where it will stop reading. So if you're seeing above 21 psi (very likely) then I would think the issue mostly lies there. You could tell the shop that tuned it, you're seeing 255kpa on the map sensor, and having issues there, do they tune/change the map sensor. Should only be 150 bucks or so for the sensor.

I think thats the lions share of your issue

Reactions: Rehdetx

·
Registered
25 Posts
From what I can tell your misfires all taking place when the map pins at 255 kpa and the calculations become trash. I was not thinking atmospheric, so anything above 21psi of boost is where it will stop reading. So if you're seeing above 21 psi (very likely) then I would think the issue mostly lies there. You could tell the shop that tuned it, you're seeing 255kpa on the map sensor, and having issues there, do they tune/change the map sensor. Should only be 150 bucks or so for the sensor.

I think thats the lions share of your issue
Is the map sensor bad? There are two in an edge sport I read. One near the throttle body and one near the intercooler unless I misunderstood. You can tune a map sensor? Upgrade it?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
It's actually most likely the tune limitation. I would imagine they have this set at 255
Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

I'd see if they can open your tune and tell you if this is set to 255

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
If it's the map sensor actually maxing out then that's the limitation of the sensor and as far as I remember they max by only accepting so much voltage. So if it was maxed then that's the most voltage it can take and would need swapped. They are EXTREMELY easy to swap though. Takes 2 minutes

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
If you have access to the tune file and it's not locked. That's the problem with tuners locking their tune files :(
Did they give you that scanner file to do logging? Surprised they didnt set up any histograms.
If you get a chance definitely re-upload the tune to the car, so it wipes those long term fuel trims and log a pull and some cruising and we can get more info on how much would need changed, bc those LTFTs are scary, at 25% they can't store anymore correction data and most of those cells are really close to that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have access to the tune file and it's not locked. That's the problem with tuners locking their tune files :(
Did they give you that scanner file to do logging? Surprised they didnt set up any histograms.
If you get a chance definitely re-upload the tune to the car, so it wipes those long term fuel trims and log a pull and some cruising and we can get more info on how much would need changed, bc those LTFTs are scary, at 25% they can't store anymore correction data and most of those cells are really close to that.
Here is a log of the national speed tune on google drive. I added the boost channel to the log. The tune was reloaded. I do have it. Definitely not running smooth on this log. I have the zfg racing tune files because I did remote tuning with them. I bought the hp tuner and downloaded the software and vcm scanner from them to datalog. I did 12 revisions before they said it was maxed out. But it misfired like the national speed tune. Here is the zfg racing tune. not sure if locked or not. thanks

41 - 60 of 83 Posts