Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know that there has been significant discussion about owners burning through the first tank of gas and filling up with 91/93. I just notice this in the listed items under the "minor features" section in the Etis system...

"With 91 Octane Level Gasoline"

Do you guys think they're filling the FuSpo with 91 octane from the factory? Are the dealers adding 87 octane to the tanks? I guess I'm wondering if the improved performance that several have talked about after filling up with 91/93 is real from a performance standpoint or possibly just the engine loosening up?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think the factory puts something like three gallons in the car at the assembly plant. Mine was delivered with 25 miles on the clock, and the salesman claimed he had filled it with 93.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well from the factory it comes with very little gas. Like one gallon or less usually. Dealer tops it off. They generally do whatever is cheapest that won't harm the car.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I took that to mean that it was tuned for 91 Octane, but accepts the 87 by retarding the timing. I could be way off.

Funny though, according to Etis I am driving a Transit Connect. However, it is a ruby red Transit with performance package and a rear spoiler. My insurance company didn't have "sport trim" in the drop downs when I tried to add it and my VIN makes it look like a van, no wonder I didn't get a huge increase in my premium.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Funny thing....
As far as Etis. All Fusions seem to show up as a Transit Connect. The 13' Fusion I have and the 17' Fusion on order both show up that way...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts