Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm able to cross of a magnetic off of my list. Saw a 17 on 401W yesterday.

Trying to see whether I can find all the original 17 colors in the wild.

So far seen many black, a few platinum, an Oxford, a blue, a burgundy and now a magnetic. All west of Yonge in the GTA.

Just red and ingot to go.
Which blue? The darker blue or the lighter, grayish, more neutral blue? I have the latter (although you wouldn't have seen my FFS since I'm way down in the southeastern US).

·
Registered
346 Posts
Which blue? The darker blue or the lighter, grayish, more neutral blue? I have the latter (although you wouldn't have seen my FFS since I'm way down in the southeastern US).
Lightening Blue - 2017 FFS. Ive seen denim blue in other trims, which I may have chosen if available in 17. Its weird but I've only seen one 18 (or a 17 with shark antenna). Possible why the 19 never made it North.
Yes, not a strong chance I would have seen you, haven't been south of the border for quite a while now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Lightening Blue - 2017 FFS. Ive seen denim blue in other trims, which I may have chosen if available in 17. Its weird but I've only seen one 18 (or a 17 with shark antenna). Possible why the 19 never made it North.
Yes, not a strong chance I would have seen you, haven't been south of the border for quite a while now.
I had a FFS pull up behind me the other day, saw the dark mesh front, when he went by me on left turn lane I saw the quad exhaust and I noticed a small maybe 6- 8 inch mast antenna, I am thinking it was a 2017 but not sure. The angle he was at I really could not tell what color it was maybe gray. Every now and then will some usually black and I think mostly 2017 as they don't have the shark fin. I just don't get a chance to really get a good look. Ford must have kept track of how many they sold as they stopped making them because they did not sell enough of them. But I have searched the internet and have not been able to find the numbers on the 2017-2019 FFS, Maybe I am not searching the right phrase? I initially never new that the 2017 was sparsely equipped compared to the 2019, but I think some 2017's are pretty well equipped. I am not sure they had the 401 option. The only reason I did't look at the 2017 was I read about the dead batteries and Ford never really came out and said they had a fix for that.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
161 Posts
I had a FFS pull up behind me the other day, saw the dark mesh front, when he went by me on left turn lane I saw the quad exhaust and I noticed a small maybe 6- 8 inch mast antenna, I am thinking it was a 2017 but not sure. The angle he was at I really could not tell what color it was maybe gray. Every now and then will some usually black and I think mostly 2017 as they don't have the shark fin. I just don't get a chance to really get a good look. Ford must have kept track of how many they sold as they stopped making them because they did not sell enough of them. But I have searched the internet and have not been able to find the numbers on the 2017-2019 FFS, Maybe I am not searching the right phrase? I initially never new that the 2017 was sparsely equipped compared to the 2019, but I think some 2017's are pretty well equipped. I am not sure they had the 401 option. The only reason I did't look at the 2017 was I read about the dead batteries and Ford never really came out and said they had a fix for that.
They fixed the dead battery issue on the 17s. A coworker of mine had one and it was the cd player or something turning back on when the car was off. Software fix.

Reactions: maydk65

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yep, had that problem right after I bought mine. Update done and no problems after update. CD player would come on after car was shut off and repeatedly (all night) trying to eject non-existent cd. Also, shift dial would light up.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Oddly enough, at nearly 116k miles my ‘17 is still on its original battery! I don’t recall ever having a specific update for that problem nor remember even knowing about it! Maybe they did it when they replaced the engine and it just got caught up in the hoopla.

341 - 346 of 346 Posts