Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
341 - 360 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I'm able to cross of a magnetic off of my list. Saw a 17 on 401W yesterday.

Trying to see whether I can find all the original 17 colors in the wild.

So far seen many black, a few platinum, an Oxford, a blue, a burgundy and now a magnetic. All west of Yonge in the GTA.

Just red and ingot to go.
Which blue? The darker blue or the lighter, grayish, more neutral blue? I have the latter (although you wouldn't have seen my FFS since I'm way down in the southeastern US).

·
Registered
376 Posts
Which blue? The darker blue or the lighter, grayish, more neutral blue? I have the latter (although you wouldn't have seen my FFS since I'm way down in the southeastern US).
Lightening Blue - 2017 FFS. Ive seen denim blue in other trims, which I may have chosen if available in 17. Its weird but I've only seen one 18 (or a 17 with shark antenna). Possible why the 19 never made it North.
Yes, not a strong chance I would have seen you, haven't been south of the border for quite a while now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lightening Blue - 2017 FFS. Ive seen denim blue in other trims, which I may have chosen if available in 17. Its weird but I've only seen one 18 (or a 17 with shark antenna). Possible why the 19 never made it North.
Yes, not a strong chance I would have seen you, haven't been south of the border for quite a while now.
I had a FFS pull up behind me the other day, saw the dark mesh front, when he went by me on left turn lane I saw the quad exhaust and I noticed a small maybe 6- 8 inch mast antenna, I am thinking it was a 2017 but not sure. The angle he was at I really could not tell what color it was maybe gray. Every now and then will some usually black and I think mostly 2017 as they don't have the shark fin. I just don't get a chance to really get a good look. Ford must have kept track of how many they sold as they stopped making them because they did not sell enough of them. But I have searched the internet and have not been able to find the numbers on the 2017-2019 FFS, Maybe I am not searching the right phrase? I initially never new that the 2017 was sparsely equipped compared to the 2019, but I think some 2017's are pretty well equipped. I am not sure they had the 401 option. The only reason I did't look at the 2017 was I read about the dead batteries and Ford never really came out and said they had a fix for that.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
208 Posts
I had a FFS pull up behind me the other day, saw the dark mesh front, when he went by me on left turn lane I saw the quad exhaust and I noticed a small maybe 6- 8 inch mast antenna, I am thinking it was a 2017 but not sure. The angle he was at I really could not tell what color it was maybe gray. Every now and then will some usually black and I think mostly 2017 as they don't have the shark fin. I just don't get a chance to really get a good look. Ford must have kept track of how many they sold as they stopped making them because they did not sell enough of them. But I have searched the internet and have not been able to find the numbers on the 2017-2019 FFS, Maybe I am not searching the right phrase? I initially never new that the 2017 was sparsely equipped compared to the 2019, but I think some 2017's are pretty well equipped. I am not sure they had the 401 option. The only reason I did't look at the 2017 was I read about the dead batteries and Ford never really came out and said they had a fix for that.
They fixed the dead battery issue on the 17s. A coworker of mine had one and it was the cd player or something turning back on when the car was off. Software fix.

Reactions: maydk65

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yep, had that problem right after I bought mine. Update done and no problems after update. CD player would come on after car was shut off and repeatedly (all night) trying to eject non-existent cd. Also, shift dial would light up.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Oddly enough, at nearly 116k miles my ‘17 is still on its original battery! I don’t recall ever having a specific update for that problem nor remember even knowing about it! Maybe they did it when they replaced the engine and it just got caught up in the hoopla.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Spotted 2 black Sports in the Boston area this week alone! 1st was parked on Boylston St. across from the Hynes Convention center and the 2nd on Market St. in Brighton going the opposite direction. They are still quite rare to see after 4+ years.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
337 Posts
The 17s didn't come standard with alot of the potential goodies like the 18s and 19s did, but they had other little things like more interior sound dampening, the rear AC adaptor which was removed for 19, and apparently as I saw the other day, the rear interior trunk handle.

·
Registered
2017 fusion sport, 401A, Steeda catch can, Steeda CAI, Unleashed 93 oct tune
43 Posts
Saw another black 17-18 sport in plainwell, MI today!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I saw a white 2018 in my driveway last night...my youngest son just traded his 2016 Nissan Rogue for it!

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Three major differences between his ‘18 and my ‘17:
1) his has no interior trunk handle.
2) his wheels are strikingly darker than mine. I’m thinking this might be why some folks on this forum who’ve replaced their curbed wheels with OE replacements have found problems with the color not matching.
3) the lightweight wheel of his temporary spare has a different design from mine, although it is still aluminum.
He’s totally stoked to have a FuSport again. He bought my 2010 FuSport from me when I bought my 2017. The ‘10 finally gave up the ghost, Bluesmobile style, one day and he traded it in on the Rogue. He’s glad to be back!

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Fusion Sport
39 Posts
Finally saw another Sport in my town, Mankato, MN. I had just turned on to Riverfront Dr and saw a white Sport coming the other way. First time I've spotted another Sport since I bought mine a little over 3 months ago.

We both noticed each other and did the headturn. I waved but we also both had tinted windows so I wasn't sure if they saw me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
FINALLY, after nearly a year of ownership, I saw another black '17 FFS here in Boca (or anywhere). Had all it's chrome, bout broke my neck checking it out as we were going opposite directions on a small road.
Anyone here heading east on McNab around 5 today?
Saw my first MKZ 3.0 awd on the same road a few weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
You mean the 110V outlet? You need the Driver Assist Package. It'll be located on the back of the center console (in the back seat).

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
208 Posts
I have a 19 and don't have the 110 outlet... I had it on two previous Fusions. could have used it two weeks ago. I will add it one day...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have a 19 and don't have the 110 outlet... I had it on two previous Fusions. could have used it two weeks ago. I will add it one day...
Hey @BlueDust in case it helps, the inverter will go in under the coin tray, then there's some wiring that leads back to the AC outlet module on the back of the console (in the back seat area).

It's a nice feature and I'm glad I have it (it's not on my wife's 20 SEL either) but it's easy to work around because inverters are easy to buy and just plug into a 12V outlet, so it's not a huge deal either way. Still, I know what you mean, I'd rather have it than not, so I'm glad I've got one on mine. I think Ford decontented that starting in 19 from all Fusions of any trim level.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
208 Posts
Hey @BlueDust in case it helps, the inverter will go in under the coin tray, then there's some wiring that leads back to the AC outlet module on the back of the console (in the back seat area).

It's a nice feature and I'm glad I have it (it's not on my wife's 20 SEL either) but it's easy to work around because inverters are easy to buy and just plug into a 12V outlet, so it's not a huge deal either way. Still, I know what you mean, I'd rather have it than not, so I'm glad I've got one on mine. I think Ford decontented that starting in 19 from all Fusions of any trim level.
I found someone on here who installed it on their car, and one day I will follow the process and do it myself. And as you said, could also pick up an inverter if it became an issue that needs a quick fix.

341 - 360 of 362 Posts