Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
@BlueTxSport Okay you got me curious so I went out and checked. I do have the sound-deadening glass on the sides in my 2018, but just like you, it's only in the front. It is on the front side windows though.

I think the 2017s had it everywhere. So the 2018s removed it from just the rear side windows, it looks like. Someone with a 2019 can probably confirm the situation with those, but I think they have it only on the windshield in the 2019s.

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Fusions did not get acoustic glass on the rear doors.

Sound deadening material (foam, stuffing, etc.) was indeed removed from the 2018's (only a little in the back) and much more removed in 2019's (in the doors, trunk, more in the back seat, and I heard under the floors in one area (but that last one was was from someone else so I can't confirm it myself).

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi All.

I posted a list on the differences between the 2018 and 2019 Sports in another post and just updated with a couple more changes I found. Link is here:

2018 to 2019 Ford Fusion Sport Changes

Since I own a 2019 and my parents own a 2018, I can easily do a comparison. If I discover any more differences I will update in the original thread. As for the 2019 changes mentioned earlier in the thread by DaMIFo, my 2019 does have a glove box light though according to the order guide it is not supposed to have it, and I have not seen any changes from soft-touch to hard plastic trim. Don't know about the key fob being connected to the memory seats as I am the only driver and rarely unlock the car with the key fob. As for the sound deadening removal, I don't know if that is true but have driven both and really don't notice any difference in noise. Was also wondering myself if the removal of the SoundScreen from the front door side windows increases interior sound. After driving both I have not noticed any increase in sound around the driver's window from either wind or vehicles passing by on the highway, so it does not appear the SoundScreen on the sides has much of an effect on noise cancellation.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Was just thumbing through the post and noticed how many Clevelanders are on here with Sports. I'm in the cleveland area also. So when we doing a meetup?
Also to those in that general area of Ohio...
Dragway42.com
Thursday Thunder 8/20 & 8/27
Weather permitting I will be there.
Norwalk (Summit Raceway) is closed due to COVID, so 42 has been packed lately. I met a young couple there at the beginning of the season who were wanting a Fusion Sport and about a month ago they showed up with a black 2017 with ~30k on it. That said, not seen a single 2nd Gen FFS at the track but there’s a YouTube video(s) of a magnetic Sport making runs at 42 last year, but I’ve never seen him myself.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well, its was two-fer for me this week. I saw a Black FS in Bossier City on Benton Road on Friday afternoon, and then saw a white one on I-49 headed south out of Shreveport, today. First time I have seen a FS in my area since I have had mine. OF course, both times the drivers were heading in opposite directions that me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I pulled up behind a black 17/18 sport a few weeks ago at a traffic light which was quite the surprise. First time I've seen one going the same way as me, the other 4-5 I've seen were parked or going in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
39 Posts
I've seen a couple of MKZ's 3.0T's but no FFS's in the three months I have owned mine.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Funny thing is, around here MKZ 3.0's are not rare.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A few months ago I saw a FFS on i-96 with a large intake through the hood like an old school muscle car. Wish I was able to get a picture, and only reason I haven't mentioned it. One of those things you have to see to believe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
A few months ago I saw a FFS on i-96 with a large intake through the hood like an old school muscle car. Wish I was able to get a picture, and only reason I haven't mentioned it. One of those things you have to see to believe.
Michigan? My buddy always sends me pics of one just like you describe.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
39 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Like a hood scoop? That's pretty cool, although other than aesthetics I wonder how someone's pushing enough airflow through a 2.7 to justify that kind of intake. I mean even if they have upgraded turbos, it's still a 2.7, not a 5.0 or something. ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Like a hood scoop? That's pretty cool, although other than aesthetics I wonder how someone's pushing enough airflow through a 2.7 to justify that kind of intake. I mean even if they have upgraded turbos, it's still a 2.7, not a 5.0 or something. ;)
From what I remember, it was this style of air intake.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I wonder if this car is owned by the guy who stuck a Coyote engine in his FS?

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport
12 Posts
Haven't seen any around here in the Syracuse area. I took a road trip today out past Rochester and still nothing. Didn't even get to play against any other car enthusiasts. I'm heading to buffalo to get my roof wrapped next weekend. I'm going to have 1000miles in no time.
I've had mine since October and I've only seen 1 other. I had a guy in a platinum try to run me at a light though...

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Fusion Sport
7 Posts
Only owned mine since Saturday but I've been looking at them for 7 months. In that time I've only seen one. Not too common around here.

321 - 337 of 337 Posts