Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

301 - 320 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
I live in the NYC area and have had my car since late July, but despite almost 3500 miles including trips to DC, CT, upstate NY, NJ and Long Island, I have never seen another 17 Fusion Sport on the road.

My Sport is the only one my dealer has sold so far and they have not had any interest from anyone looking for one despite them having a black and magnetic grey on the lot.

Has anyone noticed any other Sports on the road? It seems that neither Ford or the automotive media is really promoting or covering this car. Then again I see few SHOs or older Fusion Sports. However I thought this car would have taken off in sales or at least interest by now, especially based on the enthusiasm of members here.
Pretty sure I saw a white fusion with two large dark blue racing stripes in Chatfield State Park a couple days ago. That is near Littleton, Colorado. Not positive as we passed on a 2 lane road, and I was driving our other car so he/she would not have noticed me. Did not have time to turn and chase down...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Saw a gray one on Rt9 in Westborough, MA on Thursday. Driver barely even looked over.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I saw a black sport last week on Ryan Road going west and getting on 94 north towards Milwaukee. I did not notice it was a sport at first as this is only the 3rd sport I have seen.The windows seemed to be tinted darker than stock, I think he had spoked wheels and it had the covers over the top of the windows so water won't come in if you have the windows cracked. If I would have noticed it was a sport sooner I would have looked closer by the time I had confirmed it was a sport I did not have much time to check as the driver got on the freeway and I went straight west on Ryan road.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've owned mine since December 2019 and haven't seen a single other Sport in the wild. I've seen a few listings at dealerships, but never seen one out in the wild except my own. I'm out in the Raleigh, NC area. It sounds like most of the Fusion Sports are up north, mainly Michigan and the Northeast, from what I've seen on forums.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Of course as soon as I say that, I just remembered there is another one right down the road from me in a neighboring town, whose owner replied to one of my posts on this forum the other day. So there are a few of us around at least. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in western mass and spend a lot of time on the roads around here, CB Vermont, New York, Connecticut,and New Hampshire I have never seen another 2017+ ffs plenty of se ex.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I saw two Sports in two days this past week. One on the freeway and this one was parked. I am standing behind my Sport in the picture.... Owner 👍 as he drove away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m in central Virginia and have yet to see one since moving 6 months ago. Saw a ruby red and a black one in Nashville. Gave the obligatory thumbs up but was met with blank stares 🤷🏼‍♂️.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I’m in central Virginia and have yet to see one since moving 6 months ago. Saw a ruby red and a black one in Nashville. Gave the obligatory thumbs up but was met with blank stares 🤷🏼‍♂️.

I'm currently in Lynchburg, so depending on where you are you might see me tomorrow on 29 heading North.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hard to tell from the angle in the pic but the Sport in @BlueDust 's pic looks like a 2019 probably? I can't see it but I'm thinking it has the shark fin because I don't see any antenna really. I admire the shark fin. It's one of the features of the 2019 that I really wish my 2018 had.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hard to tell from the angle in the pic but the Sport in @BlueDust 's pic looks like a 2019 probably? I can't see it but I'm thinking it has the shark fin because I don't see any antenna really. I admire the shark fin. It's one of the features of the 2019 that I really wish my 2018 had.
Yes, I have a 2019 Sport. I bought it off the lot just before the pandemic (it waited 10 months sitting on the lot with nothing to do but wait for me :). I was in a Fusion lease and had to wait it out). I would have still bought it, but didn't know that it's lacking basic features my last 2 Fusions had, that I assume your 2018 may have. So Shark fin aside, I admire the fact you could have all 4 doors with easy wireless key access (my back doors don't open unless I touch the front doors first and gets be everytime), and the 120v outlet in the back seat. There are a few other things I miss but those are the main features I debate on bugging my local dealer with next year (since I just picked it up 4 months ago, I want to wait a year before I start making changes to the stock build).

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yeah that gets me on my wife's SEL too. It has the Intelligent Access but since it's a 2020 it doesn't have it on the rears. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to have, especially since I'm used to it on my Sport.

Yep, my 2018 still has the AC outlet. You could probably add it though. I think you'd need a new power point module for behind the console, the wiring from the inverter to the power point, the inverter for under the coin tray, and offhand I don't remember how exactly that gets sourced but you'd need those pieces as well. But I mean it's nice, but not a deal breaker since you could always just plug in a 12v inverter to a lighter jack.

If I were going to add it I'd see about upgrading the inverter though. But then you'd have to think about the supply current, the gauge of the cable back from the inverter, how much that 110v jack is rated for, etc. Plus you'd be potentially pulling a lot more amps off your alternator. So maybe that wouldn't work. But I'd probably at least consider it.

Then again, if you're just using it to charge notebooks and that sort of thing the stock setup is totally adequate. A lot of common retail inverters are 140w or so, so the stock 150w is right in line.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hi @LeVeL, yes it's actually mentioned somewhere on this site in another thread, but each of the two following years after 2017 Ford made changes.

Ones I remember, although I might have missed some:

2018:
Removed one 12v lighter jack (I think it was the one inside the console)
Removed sound-deadening glass from side windows? (can't remember)

2019:
Removed 110v AC outlet
Removed all sound-deadening glass? Can't remember for sure.
Moved USB port in console up to coin tray beside the other one
Removed Intelligent Access from rear doors

I think there were other changes but I don't remember. I'm also not sure the exact changes and years on the sound-deadening glass. But I know the 2018 still has (at least) the sound-deadening windshield. Although these are pretty quiet cars in all years, everyone seems to agree on that.

Anyway someone (@DaMiFo maybe?) posted an accurate list in another thread. Hope this helps!

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
As Engineer said, yes a fair amount has been changed. All minor stuff, but in my opinion it all adds up:

In addition to Engineer's list above:

2018:
  • Removed center console light (I think it was this year)
  • Removed grab handle on the trunk lid interior

2019:
  • Removed glove box light
  • Change a few areas on the center console and other lower-down and back seat trim pieces from soft-touch to harder plastics
  • Various minor software features were also programmed out (I forget what, they were all small, I think one thing was no more memory seats tied to the key fob. But all little things like that)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head this morning.

Reactions: LeVeL and Engineer

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks guys. The only one that bothers me at all is the lessened sound deadening on my 18 vs the 17s - why would they do that??

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
To save money on their end. Simple as that.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
It's a little annoying but I still think it's the quietest car I've ever owned. I've never driven in a 2017 to compare though. I imagine they're about dead silent because my 2018 is really quiet, even if it does only have the sound deadening glass on the windshield. Remember all these cars still have various sound insulation pieces in different areas, as well as noise canceling (unless you disable that in the ACM with Forscan). So noise shouldn't be a problem.

Still, I'm a little jealous of the folks with good 2017s that don't have any of the early run defects, because they have all the features.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My 2018 has the soundscreen glass on the front windows and windshield. Not on the rear windows though.

301 - 320 of 337 Posts