Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am new here. I am considering a Fusion Sport and I don't want to get the 401a package as you lose the big tachometer for that ridiculous tiny tach built into the screen. What I am concerned about is there is no way to get Nav or the Sony sound system on the car without the 401A package. From my understanding the 400A package car has 9 speakers. I would imagine 4 up front, 4 in the rear and a subwoofer..is this correct? I have the Sony system in our 2017 Ford Escape Titanium and found it to be a disappointment, but in the Focus ST it sounded pretty good. Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Any reason you really want the tach? Being that its not a manual vehicle, I find the tach to not really be necessary, and the small one will do well enough for the minimal use I have for it.

I will say the 2010 Sony sound system was better than the 2017 Sony sound system, but other than that, I like my music to sound good, and would not be able to use the standard non 401a sound system for very long.

If you are only worried about losing the tach I ask why is the tach so important to you?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Specialty orders are a thing of the past, I'm sorry to say. If its not on the menu, you can't order it... You're not alone in wanting the standard gauges though, but you will find that most opted for the upgrade, rather than staying base just for the big tach...

On a sound note, I found the basic stereo to be just that. Basic. Its shallow and the range is only so-so. It also gets muddled at higher volume, if thats your thing.

The sony system is a worthwhile upgrade to anyone who listens to music while they drive, even occasionally. Although, I do know a couple friends who don't, and I find it odd. To each their own.

With some fiddling of the settings, the sony system is very nice to listen to, and has good range, especially for a factory system. It is not, however, a bass monster, if thats what you're looking for. It maintains fidelity at high volume, and it can get very loud. My only real complaint, is that the tweeters, to me sound kind of tinny, and are quite a bit louder than the rest of the range if you don't adjust. Again, some fiddling with the settings, and all is well again.

My personal advice; Get the 401A upgrade, enjoy the features and the music, and get over having a big tach.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I wouldn't keep the OEM soundsystem. I would start looking to upgrade the speakers to Focals or something of similar ilk. The fact its not a manual, but offers manual control of the shifting (somewhat) is why I want the tach. I understand the reasoning, I just don't know why Ford options the cars the way they do. Something I need to think about...

Thanks again..

Dave

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Im glad I bought the 401a package.. well worth it. the surround sound is unreal

·
Registered
230 Posts
A
I will say the 2010 Sony sound system was better than the 2017 Sony sound system,
I agree. My 2012 had better stereo. The 2017 is missing something and the base is too muddy for my liking.

I had upgraded Boston Acoustics speakers and an Infinity sub-woofer in my old Prius and it was much better than this stereo than either Fusions. I also Dynamated every door.

I have the 401a upgraded stereo and have consider upgrading the speakers. However, I have read about speaker/amp upgrades destroying the Active Noise Control system ability to keep things quiet. I love how quiet our Sport interiors are and don't want to lose that by disconnecting the ANC system.
-Lee

PS I wonder if Dynamate could help the door speakers with regards to base. It's a lot of work but the results are sometimes amazing. It would also add 30 to 40 pounds.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well I had to have the better speakers just because I like to sing like a high school girl when some songs come on. Lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
Get some good speakers an amp and a few beers and the Sony system will sound bad. Did this in my st. Waiting on my 400a ruby red to arrive now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts