Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about this as I crest over the 12,000 mile mark on some really crappy highways after this winter has been beating the heck out of them. But anyway, sounds kinda like thunder on the inside of the car at times. When on good pavement, the car is quiet as can be. I guess there is a point where the system would lose effectiveness. Just hard to tell when that is.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Been thinking about this as I crest over the 12,000 mile mark on some really crappy highways after this winter has been beating the heck out of them. But anyway, sounds kinda like thunder on the inside of the car at times. When on good pavement, the car is quiet as can be. I guess there is a point where the system would lose effectiveness. Just hard to tell when that is.
Is that thunder the 320hp/380lb ft. torque?;)

Reactions: D&D and Rice

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
You can always pull the fuse for the radio and drive around for a bit if you just want to see the difference. I played with disabling the engine noise, which also disables the ANC system. I didn't notice much of a difference around city, but on the highway I did notice more wind noise.

·
Registered
246 Posts
the noise cancellation can only cancel a noise that is mostly constant. Things like tire noise, wind noise, maybe a whistle past the wipers or even exhaust drone to some extent. It needs to be constant and consistent so the mic can pick it up and play the canceling frequency. Irregular and varied bumps over rough pavement don't produce a steady tone, and so the system can't really do anything about it. At that point its down to insulation and sidewall, and on these low profile tires, bad pavement is going to sound just as you said; thunderous.

If you've got the Sony sound system, might I recommend testing out its higher reaches... :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you've got the Sony sound system, might I recommend testing out its higher reaches... :D
What do you mean?... I ordered the Sony system... I have the Sony system in my current 2014 Ford Focus, the focus has a sub woofer though... I am hoping the system in the fusion sport would be better but I haven't heard it yet? Are the highs good? What about the lows? Any weak points in the system? Anyone be able to tell if it is better than the focus Sony system with hatch sub?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I had the Sony system in my 2010 Fusion Sport, thought it was better than what we have in the 2017.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What do you mean?... I ordered the Sony system... I have the Sony system in my current 2014 Ford Focus, the focus has a sub woofer though... I am hoping the system in the fusion sport would be better but I haven't heard it yet? Are the highs good? What about the lows? Any weak points in the system? Anyone be able to tell if it is better than the focus Sony system with hatch sub?
I just meant the higher reaches of the volume... you know, to drown out the outside noise...

To my ears the Sony system is really clear all the way up to full volume. midrange is really clear and crisp. I've got the treble turned down a few notches, it can get a bit piercing at high volume. The bass in this car is not obnoxious. Although many associate loud with good when it comes to bass, the car can bump with the right song but it isn't going to shake you loose, which suits my preference, as overly loud bass just annoys me... there is no dedicated sub in the car, so if that's your thing you might be disappointed. the only other system I can compare to is the alpine system in my mom's 300c, which I find hollow compared to my fusion.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
165 Posts
In my '10 Mustang GT, I don't have a sub, but the door speakers will still shake your shoelaces untied!

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I used to have a leased '14 Escape Titanium as the family car, now have a '16 Escape T since our lease expired - both have the exact same radio, amp, and speakers as your Focus. The Fusion's system is noticeably clearer in the highs, twice as loud max volume, and a little more bass compared to our Escapes. You'll enjoy the Fusion's radio.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
346 Posts
I used to have a leased '14 Escape Titanium as the family car, now have a '16 Escape T since our lease expired - both have the exact same radio, amp, and speakers as your Focus. The Fusion's system is noticeably clearer in the highs, twice as loud max volume, and a little more bass compared to our Escapes. You'll enjoy the Fusion's radio.
Thanks I appreciate the feedback

1 - 12 of 12 Posts