Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey... so my battery was dead and needed a jump start... after getting the car running, I had no radio and no GPS... the radio show "audio off" and I cannot push the power button, no audible sounds when using the touch screen and my GPS just stays in one place. I did a master restart and held the forward track and power button down to reboot the radio and nothing. anyone have any ideas what is going on with my car.

·
Registered
451 Posts
hey... so my battery was dead and needed a jump start... after getting the car running, I had no radio and no GPS... the radio show "audio off" and I cannot push the power button, no audible sounds when using the touch screen and my GPS just stays in one place. I did a master restart and held the forward track and power button down to reboot the radio and nothing. anyone have any ideas what is going on with my car.
Judging from other experiences on the forum, the remedy is to disconnect positive terminal for roughly 10 minutes, then reconnect This will get the rest of the juices out of the system.

More importantly, you should obviously take your car in and call ford corporate about the dead battery situation.

Good luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Needs a full reset. Pull the positive battery cable for at least 5 minutes. That is the only way to truly reboot the system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Judging from other experiences on the forum, the remedy is to disconnect positive terminal for roughly 10 minutes, then reconnect This will get the rest of the juices out of the system.

More importantly, you should obviously take your car in and call ford corporate about the dead battery situation.

Good luck!
Needs a full reset. Pull the positive battery cable for at least 5 minutes. That is the only way to truly reboot the system.

FYI... You should always pull the negative side first. Pulling the positive side first can be really bad if you accidentally touch something.

Battery and Negative Terminal - How to Disconnect a Battery

·
Registered
451 Posts
FYI... You should always pull the negative side first. Pulling the positive side first can be really bad if you accidentally touch something.

I have posted the negative disconnect at least four times now.
Others keep saying 5-10 minutes with positive disconnected.

This seems like a 101 topic but I never had a spark or power surge caused by disconnecting the negative ground first.
Same principles when jumping the car.

There are some highly knowledgeable people on this forum that keep saying "disconnect positive".
I humbly disagree and am concerned that their incorrect information may cause damage or in the worst case scenario...
Injury.

Reactions: Wildcat Birdie

·
Registered
451 Posts

I have posted the negative disconnect at least four times now.
Others keep saying 5-10 minutes with positive disconnected.

This seems like a 101 topic but I never had a spark or power surge caused by disconnecting the negative ground first.
Same principles when jumping the car.

There are some highly knowledgeable people on this forum that keep saying "disconnect positive".
I humbly disagree and am concerned that their incorrect information may cause damage or in the worst case scenario...
Injury.
Does make sense. Unfortunately I do not have a FuSport yet, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the difficulty level in disconnecting the negative terminal. Is it more work to do than other cars?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does make sense. Unfortunately I do not have a FuSport yet, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the difficulty level in disconnecting the negative terminal. Is it more work to do than other cars?
Unfortunately it is. It's in a tight space in the very back of the engine bay.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts

I have only seen my car the from shop door for some time now.
Does the negative cable not connect to right shock tower?

I remember boosting from that location.

That should be easy to disconnect.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have only seen my car the from shop door for some time now.
Does the negative cable not connect to right shock tower?

I remember boosting from that location.

That should be easy to disconnect.
Unfortunately just by removing the shock tower cable does not disable the entire system as there is another ground branching to another location...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Unfortunately just by removing the shock tower cable does not disable the entire system as there is another ground branching to another location...
Ok, Thanks.
My memory is kind of like my battery these days.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Holy crap, they couldn't have made that any harder to get to. Thanks for the shot!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well pulling the battery for a few minutes worked.. I was worried that i fried a fuse or the radio but what ever the issue was, it worked with the reboot. Thanks guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts