Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used, 1k, Fusion Sport in Orlando 2/14 and drove back to the left coast. Had sporty fun in the Texas hill country and more fun at sunrise in Big Bend National Park. Found more Texas curves near McDonald Observatory on my way up to western New Mexico and finished on Ca. 198 from Coalinga west to 25 north. Not used to sporty cars and I had plenty of fun! Plus all those comforts and AWD, the bikes are somewhat lacking in this area. Decided on the sport and thought I would go with white until I saw this car listed, my first car was a blue '68 Roadrunner.

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's quite a trip! Did you find the top speed of the car on some of those long flat roads? Seems that would be a logical choicr for a bike guy. :p

Glad you're enjoying the car and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
481 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I made a 1600 mile round trip for mine and yes I was glad I had AWD through the snow in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bought a used, 1k, Fusion Sport in Orlando 2/14 and drove back to the left coast. Had sporty fun in the Texas hill country and more fun at sunrise in Big Bend National Park. Found more Texas curves near McDonald Observatory on my way up to western New Mexico and finished on Ca. 198 from Coalinga west to 25 north. Not used to sporty cars and I had plenty of fun! Plus all those comforts and AWD, the bikes are somewhat lacking in this area. Decided on the sport and thought I would go with white until I saw this car listed, my first car was a blue '68 Roadrunner.
The middle part of your trip is not far from where I grew up. Beautiful country if you like desert. Ample opportunities to open it up. Between Carlsbad and El Paso went 167 before chickening out in a 66 GTO with 2 ply tires. Also love the area from El Paso to the western NM border and on into AZ. Especially around Flagstaff-Sedona. Lots of trees yet full of desert, cactus and painted rocks. A number of tire manufacturers test their products in the San Angelo area before the McDonald observatory. If anyone has time, it's a great visual opportunity.

For the adventerous, the Rio Grande is an excellent raft trip and the Marfa lights have yet to be explained.
cockerdogs :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts