Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its great that we get new members daily on this forum as it helps with the Sport knowledge along with modding.
BUT it aggravates me that the first words out of a newbies mouth is bashing how they hate the Sport. Seems like that's the only reason some join is to just female dog the car and never contribute to the forum.
Rant over, now go out and enjoy the car.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Many know I bought the first or second FuSpo in DFW. The original advertising and magazine articles put it in the Audi A4, A6 arena. I was disappointed for several months but after reading this blog decided to mod my FuSpo. Lots of mods later I believe it is superior to the A4 and many A6's. My only problem with new people on the forum is that if they have questions, use the vb search function. Many items have been researched and answered by now. There are new developments, but much has already been done. cockerdogs

·
Registered
333 Posts
To me, one needs to keep in mind the most likely competition for the Fusion Sport, namely the Malibu, Camry, Accord, Chrysler 200, Altima, Optima, and a couple of others. The fact that you can get a 4-door sedan with AWD, twin-turbo V6, Synch 3, aggressive styling, and a host of other goodies, for what the Sport costs, clearly puts this car at the top of its class. Factoring in other "similar" cars from Audi, BMW, MBZ, Jaguar, Lincoln, and other higher-priced sedans of course will make the comparison less than favorable. Does Audi have a twin-turbo V6 and AWD car? Yes. Would it be fair to compare it directly to the Sport? No.

If buyers have reasonable expectations when buying a Sport, they certainly won't be disappointed...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
My biggest disappointment is the handling is not as good as the 2.0 AWD.
Back to back road tests from the same mag confirmed this (2.0 awd pulled .89G,
while sport pulled .85G).

I knew after test driving many sports this would be the case. Not much you can do about
it when the car/tires are basically the same, but you add 400 lbs. Even in Sport mode,
the adj suspension does not make up for it, it just seems to make the car ride harder.
Ride quality is better over really horrible pavement, so that is a nice tradeoff.

Upside is rear sway has already made a huge difference (especially in rear sponginess
on a quick left/right steering event), even though some said they didn't notice it
(maybe they never drive like that).

It also made handling much more neutral, even
if it does not have that superman feeling that my 15 had (with the only upgrades
were front and rear sway bar mods). I'm going to mod front sway bar on Sport
when I get a chance, it's just a real bear to drill holes in spring steel (ate up more money
in quality drill bits than a new say bar would cost, if anyone made one, and you could fit it
without removing engine).

Pricewise, I was out the door for around $29K (could have gone cheaper, but those
were cars built last fall or older, which I refuse to buy) nothing else comes close. It was only about 4 grand
more than my 15 AWD was (out the door). Also helps that I bleed serious ford blue (my first car
was my moms old 60 T-bird and I've had close to 25, 70's F150-350's/Broncos over the years).

Back to back mag review also claimed braking was longer on Sport, but I feel Sport brakes
are better (and that is an achievement, considering 2.0 fusion brakes were really good, IMO).

Power, really no comparison. The 2.0 AWD was barely adequate in stock form. I did have
JMS module on it, that made a HUGE mid RPM range improvement (also knocked 8 tenths off 0-60,
7.4-6.6 with stopwatch and reading speedo).

My only other complaint is no key/shifter, but that is just me being old school. Will get used to it eventually :)
Oh, one more thing, my old fusion had net on the inside of glove box door. I kept a couple pens in there. Went
to put my pens back in SPort and no net........... (they made up for it with bigger console and dual levels, now
keep pens in rear section of upper level ;))

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My main point is I feel the forum is for car enthusiast and a newbies first post and sometimes only post shouldn't be bashing the car. Sure we all have a compliant here or there about the Sport, but at least we also contribute to the forum in other ways.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Agreed that newbies that ask questions before doing a search makes me a little crazy. There's so much information already here, it amazed me when I joined.

Thanks to all the veterans (and newbies) that contribute tons of useful facts, tips and personal experiences.

·
Registered
900 Posts
To me, one needs to keep in mind the most likely competition for the Fusion Sport, namely the Malibu, Camry, Accord, Chrysler 200, Altima, Optima, and a couple of others. The fact that you can get a 4-door sedan with AWD, twin-turbo V6, Synch 3, aggressive styling, and a host of other goodies, for what the Sport costs, clearly puts this car at the top of its class. Factoring in other "similar" cars from Audi, BMW, MBZ, Jaguar, Lincoln, and other higher-priced sedans of course will make the comparison less than favorable. Does Audi have a twin-turbo V6 and AWD car? Yes. Would it be fair to compare it directly to the Sport? No.

If buyers have reasonable expectations when buying a Sport, they certainly won't be disappointed...
I'm not sure I would list **** 3 as a goodie. Yes, it is vastly better then **** and **** 2, but Ford just needs to give it up and provide full climate control buttons and a FM/AMradio app to use in Android Auto.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
My main point is I feel the forum is for car enthusiast and a newbies first post and sometimes only post shouldn't be bashing the car. Sure we all have a compliant here or there about the Sport, but at least we also contribute to the forum in other ways.
Understood and I agree. Was planning a separate thread on my back to back comparison, but
this reply morphed into a full review. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
Oh, one more thing, my old fusion had net on the inside of glove box door. I kept a couple pens in there. Went
to put my pens back in SPort and no net........... (they made up for it with bigger console and dual levels, now
keep pens in rear section of upper level ;))
Not to get off topic, but yours doesn't have a net?? Mine does, it's the same as the 13-16 Fusions had.

Is anyone else missing it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Not to get off topic, but yours doesn't have a net?? Mine does, it's the same as the 13-16 Fusions had.

Is anyone else missing it?

Mid-year cost savings delete?
Time to find a JY glove box door.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No net here nor in the trunk, but a couple of bungie cords works just as well in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts

If anyone read ANY of my early posts they would know where I'm coming from. Prior to launch, the magazine articles and FOMOCO advertising was saying it would compete directly with AudiA4 and BMW3. I made as informed a decision that I could at that time buying one of the first delivered FuSpo. There was no Sport forum at that time.

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
If anyone read ANY of my early posts they would know where I'm coming from. Prior to launch, the magazine articles and FOMOCO advertising was saying it would compete directly with AudiA4 and BMW3. I made as informed a decision that I could at that time.
I do know what you're talking about. I remember they made it a huge point that we have more power & torque than a BMW 335xi. While that's true, they chose to gear the transmission so it still accelerates slower than a 335i. I do still love mine like crazy tho.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's not just this forum, but any forum I've participated outside of maybe some private forums I'm in. A small percentage of people are jerks or idiots and the rest have no issues. Some people just don't know how real life works let alone an internet forum where you can hide behind a keyboard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts